WHO GIVES A CRAP WHAT CHAPTER THIS IS!

Warning: self harm is included in this chapter. Please do not get any ideas from this.

Percy's POV

I wake up in cold sweat. The back of my shirt is soaked. The horrific images of the nightmare still linger in my mind as I slide my legs off the bed and head to the bathroom to pee and shower. 

I de-cloth myself and step into the shower. I grab the soap and run it over my body and look over to a shelf, only to see a razor. I get lost in thought about how great it would feel to slide the triple blades across my skin. The dang soap slips out of my hand and slams into my foot causing me to curse at it. I forget about the soap and grab the razor. I run it across my upper leg. One time turns into more. More turns into a lot. I sit down in the shower and self harm all over my legs. Soon, that goes up to my abdomen and chest, then my arms. At the end, I find myself crying and smiling. I cried because of all the horrible things that had gone wrong over the years I had lived. I smiled because I thought it was making me feel better. The truth was, it wasn't. So in the end, I was drowning in complete despair.

Soon I hear a knock on the bathroom door. "Percy? Are you in there? You're late for breakfast. I was just wondering if you were okay," I hear a feminine voice say loudly. Maybe she would go away if I just didn't respond. I remained silent. "Percy, please answer me. I hear the shower running," she says, and I mutter a curse. I never thought about that.

"I'm in the shower. Give me a minute," I say. My voice cracks a bit because I was crying.

She walks away from the door and I quickly try and fix my wounds with water, but it doesn't work.

I shut the water off and step out grabbing a towel. I put pressure on the cuts I made.

After 10 minutes and two bloody towels later, I get them all to stop bleeding. I change into a black hoodie, some dark jeans, and sneakers. I wash my face off to clear any signs that I was crying. Then I pull my hood up and step out side to see Annabeth sitting on the bed. She looks at me and smiles a bit. I sit down next to her and lay back.

"Hi," I say flatly.

"Hey, how are you?" she asks me.

I shrug. "Fine I guess," I tell her, but I know deep inside that it's not true at all.

"Somethings up. I can tell," she says to me, and I shake my head.

Then I decide to mess with her a bit. "Nothing's up, just the fact that you seem to be hiding something," I say, even though she doesn't seem like she is at all.

She turns around and looks at me. I look into her eyes and see a trace of panic. "I'm not hiding anything Percy," she says. 

Now I can tell that isn't true. "I can tell it in your eyes you're hiding something. What is it?" I ask. This is the point where I start to get curious.

"It's nothing Percy. How many times do I need to say it? Don't you trust me?" she asks and raises her voice a little.

"You're getting defensive, Annabeth. I know something's up. What is it that you're not telling me? If you do tell me, I'll trust you, but you're trying to hide something from me. Therefore, I cannot trust you," I say to her, and her face gets red.

This is the point where she just blurts it out. "You know what? Why do I even care? I'm not going to sit here and argue. I'm not hiding anything," she tells me, and I can clearly tell she's lying.

"Annabeth I-"

She cuts me off and starts yelling, which makes me shrink back away from her. "Okay. Fine. You wanna know??? I have a fiancé because I got sick of having to wait and worry about you every single day. So I moved on and found another guy. After the Iris message, I found out I was pregnant with YOUR son. I named him River. Then I met my fiancé, Ashton, who is now the love of my life and always will be."

I just stare at her, not showing the true emotions I'm holding back.

"Okay. Thank you. Please get out," I say in monotone, completely serious.

"Percy I'm so sorry. I didn't mean-" she starts to plead, which makes me annoyed. I just want her to get out.

"I said GET OUT!" I yell at her, and it must have been pretty scary because she runs out.

I stand up and close the door pushing down the feelings I feel inside of me.

As I sit back down on the bed, I catch a glimpse of people staring at Annabeth, who is running away from my cabin. I see people looking into my cabin.

"Jeez, it's none of their business," I mutter to myself and close the curtains.

My heart throbs hard and quickly. I feel like it will beat out of my chest. I feel tears form in my eyes and blink them out. Stupid tears. They don't do anything for you except show people how you feel.

I lay back on my bed and stare at the ceiling. For some reason, during these times, I think of songs. They help me let out my feelings without crying, which is really great for me because I hate crying.

The song this time that randomly popped into my head was 'What Hurts the Most' by Rascal Flatts.

I stare at the ceiling humming the lyrics. My mind goes blank and I only focus on the lyrics, which has never happened to me before. I normally have a billion things running through my head, but now it was one subject.

I can take the rain on the roof of this empty house.
That don't bother me.
I can take a few tears now and then, and just let them out.
I'm not afraid to cry every once in a while, even though going on with you gone still upsets me.
There are days every now and again I pretend I'm OK,
but that's not what gets me.

What hurts the most
Was being so close
And having so much to say
And watching you walk away
And never knowing
What could have been
And not seeing that loving you
Is what I was tryin' to do

It's hard to deal with the pain of losing you everywhere I go
But I'm doin' it
It's hard to force that smile when I see our old friends, and I'm alone
Still Harder
Getting up, getting dressed, livin' with this regret
But I know if I could do it over
I would trade, give away, all the words that I saved in my heart
That I left unspoken

By this point in the hum, I stopped and started sobbing, letting all of my feelings out into my pillow.

What hurts the most

Is being so close

And having so much to say

And watching you walk away
And never knowing
What could have been
And not seeing that loving you
Is what I was trying to do, oh.

What hurts the most
Was being so close
And having so much to say
And watching you walk away
And never knowing
What could have been
And not seeing that loving you
Is what I was trying to do

Not seeing that loving you
That's what I was trying to do

My crying must have gotten pretty loud because someone walks into the door. I really wanna stop, but I just can't. I mean, the love of my life, my best friend, the one who I had a child with, who I was going to propose to, just left. She walked away for another guy who she thought was better. That hurt. A lot.

So I keep crying, not giving a crap about who was there. All that mattered to me was how shitty my life just got.

"Percy? You okay, bro?" a voice asks me. By then I know it's Jason, only because of the bro and voice.

I don't respond and keep crying. I mean, I want to really bad, but everything just hurts so bad. I  scream into my pillow and squeeze my eyes shut tight, which helps a little bit so I can get a few words out. "No Jason. I'm not okay at all."