Chapter 5 - The reason

Steve and Sam were still sauntering through the town, looking for Bucky. Neither of them had heard or seen anyone or anything that could lead them to Bucky.

"So, what actually caused Bucky to, you know, go off?" Questioned Sam.

"I'm not sure, that's the thing," answered Steve, "He was asleep, then he started shaking, then he suddenly woke up and was all worked up over nothing".

"Of course.." Sam exclaimed.

"What? What is it?" wailed Steve

"I have to go, ill call you later!" Sam ran off. Steve was tempted to follow him and get answers, but he was to tired to run and had no energy or spirit left in him. If it wasn't Bucky who had gone off, he would off gone home by now. He probably wouldn't of even set out to find the person. But when it comes to Bucky, Steve will do anything.

Something that happened in the dream Bucky had must of started this.. Steve Thought, I have to find out what happened in the dream..

Steve carried on walking for a little longer afterwards, but soon, he grew to tired he could even walk. He had to get home and rest. Maybe after a little nap he will have more energy to find Bucky.

He strolled back home, pausing every few minutes because his legs ached so badly. Soon enough, Steve got back to his flat. He searched for his keys in his pockets and when he found them, carefully put it in the lock and entered his flat.

He took off his jacket and his hat and collapsed on the unmade bed.

About 1hr later, he found himself cuddling up to a pillow. He was rudely awaken by a noise he couldn't quite process yet. He sat up and gave himself a minute to re-adjust. He trudged over to the kitchen, yawning and stretching on the way, and made himself a cup of coffee, still half asleep. He sat down on the sofa and turned on the TV. Whilst watching the news, he heard the noise the rudely woke him earlier... It was a dogs bark, well, a puppies bark to be exact. TONY!

Once Steve realised, he dashed over to the dog bed and held Tony tightly to his chest whilst murmuring, "I'm so glad your okay" repeatedly. After he put the dog down, he went back over to the sofa and continued watching the news.

"The story has not yet been confirmed, but we believe that a James 'Bucky' Barnes, has been transporting nuclear weapons in and out of the city." Explained the news.

"BUCKY!" Exclaimed Steve.

Steve put Tony on a lead, threw on his hat and jacket again, and ran out of the house, leaving the TV on and the bed still unmade.