Chapter 10 - The Unreal became real

When the helicopter door opened, a face that he hoped wouldn't be there... was there. The long, brown hair waved in the wind as the tall man stood up from the helicopter. The light from the moon was reflecting of this mans metal arm. By now it was obvious who was there for all of them.

Bucky.

He stormed past Nick, Hill etc. and because they were in disbelief, non of the could move to stop him. It appeared that there were no one else in the helicopter apart from the driver.

Bucky turned the corner to be stopped by Steve and Sam.

"Steve.. What are you doing here?!" exclaimed Bucky. Steve was relived by the fact that this time, Bucky hadn't been brainwashed, he could still remember Steve.

"I could ask you the same question," replied Steve, "I thought you were dead!"

Silence took over the room as each of them glared at each other.7

"What do you want with Steve?" asked Nick.

"I too thought Steve was dead," he answered, hugging Steve so tight, Steve could feel his ribs breaking, "I'm actually here for Sam.."

Sam bowed his head because he knew what he had done, but non of the others knew what. Bucky explained that he knew why the man at the party was there, Sam was trying to drive Bucky away from Steve. He said that he had betrayed Steve in order to get Bucky out of his life o that he could focus on his work, because Steve was constantly worrying about Bucky being taken again.

"This is true?" questioned Steve.

"You were focusing on him to much, to much worrying, I had to do something, I was worrying about you, you are my friend Steve, I was doing what I could to help to, please forgive me."

"So you thought, the best way to stop me from worrying about Buck was to make his fears come back, causing him to run off, making me worry more and more every minute about him??"

Bucky was quite surprised by what Steve had just said, because he thought he was the one to worry about Steve to much, clearly not.

The room went silence once more as Sam realised what he had done.

"I'm sorry Steve." Sam apologised as Bucky put him in the helicopter to be taken away or questioning.

Bucky stayed behind with Steve instead of going back with Sam so he could explain everything:

When he saw the man at the party, he was worried because he was the man who gave Bucky missions whilst he was the winter soldier. He was seen taking armour and supplies into the hydra camp because he was attempting to forget his dreadful memories by killing the people who put them there and reminded him daily of what he had done, and when they found out what Bucky was doing, they tried to kill him instead, that when they both got shot. He went on a search to find Sam after he found out his plan. He checked Sam's house, he checked the hospital just after Steve left and the last place he thought he would be was at HQ because he figured that Steve wouldn't want to go back to their house after that event.

Steve had not heard a word of what Bucky had just said because he was to happy to see him again, all of his worries were gone. His Bucky was back. He would never let him go. After Bucky finished explaining, Steve just broke out into tears and squeezed Bucky so tight his ribs may have cracked.

The couple were so happy to see each other again, they stood there for a good few minutes, crying into each others shoulders, promising over and over again to never let either of them go again.