Chapter 9 - The Wake Up Call

Agent Maria Hill was stood waiting outside the hospital with a S.H.I.E.L.D transporter jeep, ready and waiting to take Steve, Sam, Clint, Natasha and a few other agents back to HQ. On their way to HQ, they stopped at each other their houses to pick up a few things for their over night stay. Steve's house was the last one they went to. When they arrived, Steve and Sam went to his house together because, obviously, Steve wouldn't want to go in the place where he and his partner had such good memories, to just be reminded that Bucky had gone again. After spending about 10 minutes collecting food, clothes etc. they went on their way back to HQ.
When they arrived, Agent Hill guided them to the safe room, which consisted of about 6 beds, a little kitchen for all the food, a bathroom and a coupe of drawers to keep their clothes in.They each settled in and rested for the night.

Later that night, at around 2 a.m., they were all rudely awaken by the sound of clambering men running around. Non of them were sure what was inside, if it was Maria, maybe other agents, or if it was an intruder.

The two agents that were with Steve, Sam (etc.) went to look outside the door to see what all the commotion was about. A few moments later, the 4 of them heard gunshots. They got there gear and quickly ran out of the door and hid behind the corer where they heard thee gunshots coming from. Clint peeked around with his bow ready to fire.

To their relief, it was the agents shooting some intruders, not the other way round.

"Watch your backs, we think they're trying to get to you, Steve," explained one of them, "we don't know how many more there are in here. I'm going to call Agent Hill and Nick Fury to notify them."

They turned around, arms at the ready, cautiously waiting to find some other intruders trying to take Steve.

The other agent informed them that they should split up because there would be  better chance of finding these people. He handed each of them an earpiece to contact each of them.  Steve went with Sam, whilst Clint and Natasha went together. The agents to the bottom floors of the building, whilst the other 4 divided the other floors between them, Clint and Natasha taking the very top, and Steve and Sam taking the floors in-between.

"Nick Fury and Agent Hill have arrived," informed Clint through the earpiece, "They're on the helipad, they want to see you agents."

The 2 agents went up to the helipad and confronted Nick and Hill. They were assigned to stay with Steve and Sam till further notice to keep them safe. Nick and Hill were going to take the bottom floors, and instructed that even if you see something odd, something moving, or something that doesn't seem right, to tell them straight away.

So they each did just that. every few minutes, there would be a report on one of them seeing something strange, but one was very strange in particular. Natasha had spotted a Helicopter comin towards the building.

"Stay where you are," replied agent Hill, "We are on our way up."

Sam asked if they should go up to, but incase it were the people coming after Steve, they were instructed to stay on their floors and not to come up.

The agents, Steve and Sam waited patiently for further instructions, listening through the earpiece to see if they can identify what's happening.

"It cant be!" Exclaimed exclaimed Natasha, "are you sure?"

"It cant be anyone else" replied Nick.

Steve asked them what was going on, Nick told them something has happened and that he's not to come up unless its life or death, but of course now Steve has to come up.

He disobeys Nick's orders, and when the agents with Steve weren't looking, he snook of with Sam to the top.

The hid behind a wall, watching what Nick, Hill, Natasha and Clint were doing. They were walking up towards the Helicopter that had landed, ready to shoot who/what ever was inside of it.