The Good Ol' Days

All day, Hugo helped the seven women in the cabin. Thanks to having worked so hard at the palace for three years, Hugo was a big help around the cabin. He cleaned up the spider webs, swept the floor, and dusted the shelves.

"My, you certainly work very hard, my boy," Kathy smiled.

"Thank you," Hugo smiled. "Those three years of working hard at the palace really paid off."

That evening, Hugo and his new friends decided to sing and dance together. They were having a great time. Hugo was having such a good time that he just couldn't stand it. He hadn't had this much fun since before his mother went to go visit her sister. He wished he knew what happened to Athena in the first place. The group danced and sang until they were tired.

"Okay, it's getting late," Lila sighed. "I think it's bed time."

"I hope you don't mind sleeping here, Your Highness," Carol declared. She took a comfy blanket and placed it near an arm chair.

"Thank you," Hugo smiled.

As Hugo sat in the chair, Kim carefully took his shoes off his feet and put them on a foot stool. Alana put a pillow behind the prince's head, and Carol covered him with a blanket.

"Thank you, my ladies," Hugo sighed happily.

As the women went to their own beds, Hugo thought about his past life. He knew that he needed to focus on the present, but he missed the good old days when it was him and his parents. He didn't understand why the brightest days had to be darkened.