A Plot to Kill the Prince

Meanwhile, back at the palace, King Gaston was convinced that Hugo was dead for sure. He went up to his Magic Mirror.

Gaston stood before the Mirror and said, "Well, Prince Hugo should be dead right now, so that means I am now the most charming in the land. Magic Mirror on the wall, who is the most handsome one of all?"

The Magic Mirror revealed, "Prince Hugo still has yet to fall, for he is the most handsome one of all. Do you think you could kill him if you would? He is living with seven young women in a cabin in the middle of the woods."

Gaston was really jealous and angry. That meant that Hugo was still alive, and he's still the most handsome in Arendelle. "Oh, I have to make sure that prince is dead," he muttered. "I know just the trick."

Gaston went to his secret sorcery workshop. He looked in a book of how to poison fruits. He mixed up a poisoning potion and dipped a golden delicious apple in the potion. The apple then turned red. If Hugo took a bite of the poison apple, he would fall under a deep sleep, and the only way to break the spell was for a princess to kiss him. Now he needed a good disguise, so his stepson wouldn't know it was he giving him the poisoned apple.