Chapter 2

Chapter 2

                We headed into the more crowded area of the place. I honestly didn’t think that this place was a pub…until I went out of the room. I honestly haven’t heard of a pub with a place to sleep. Well…now I know.

                Hagrid and I passed by some tables and a lot of people, then he lead me to a room. He closed the door. It was a small room. Almost like a broom closet, but it was empty, the only thing in there was a trash can.

                “Hagrid, there is nothing in here” I pointed out

                “Just hold your horses” he said then went beside me. He held up his umbrella. “Remember this. You will need this to get into Diagon Alley. That’s where you’ll get your stuff for the school year”

                “And how is a brick wall supposed to help?”

                Hagrid just sighed then tapped a brick on the wall… the ADHD part of me noticed that the brick has way too many tap marks.  Like someone repeatedly hit it with sticks. Its worn, color slightly lighter than the usual color of brick.

                We waited for a moment.

                “What was that suppose…”

                Then the brick started to shift away from each other, opening a doorway. I stood in awe. I have lived in New York City for a large portion of my life…or at least the portion that I was aware of.  I have also seen how old cities looked like (there are dozens down in the underworld). But I have never seen something like this.

                There was this long Alley filled with stores and people. It was like what you would find in a small alleyway in New York with buildings look a lot like those in early 18th century, but a lot more people.

                “Welcome to Diagon Alley”

                I sat on my bed looking through some of the books. Though I am a demigod, and not a brain child aka Athena’s kids, I actually like some books. That is if I managed to figure out what the hell is written or if it catches my interest.

                Since I was entering a magical school, it was sort of interesting. I actually found a book that was in Greek, It was a subject called Transfiguration. And there was a spell that translates text into other languages, French, Bulgarian and ,thankfully Greek.

                I tried it on one very colourful looking book. Surprisingly it worked. English letters started to turn into a familiar script. The title of the book was Marauding with Monsters by Gilderoy Lockhart. I honestly question who in the world would write a fiction book with his own name as the main character, and why the  hell do I need fiction books for class.

                This guy really didn’t research his stuff. Wild Ponies? Gytrash? Seriously? Gytrash is a ghost dog. Close to a grim but not really a grim at the same time. It’s in the middle of a grim and a hellhound. Creature of the Dark but not really afraid of the light.

                After reading that, I got bored. Instead I went out to wander around Diagon Alley. I took out my wand, Ebony with Thestrals Hair and tapped the worn brick. The doorway opened and I went into my magical Adventure.

                I passed the bookstore again, but this time it was crowded. I decided to check it out. I entered Flourish and Blotts. The entire place was packed. People, mostly women, were trying to get to the front of the store. The ADHD part of me wanted to investigate. And I, like all other demigods, am ruled by instinct and ADHD. So I decided to try to see what’s going on. There was a staircase that leads to a small balcony that overlooks the desired area, so I went up the stairs.