Chapter 12

After the whole near death experience, I decided taking a closer look around the castle grounds wasn’t that bad of an idea. Who knows when I would be back here? I mean as much as I would hate to admit it. I actually had fun so far in my stay in Hogwarts. They didn’t mind my slightly unusual demeanor. I actually have friends that like me not because I am powerful. I have people who would defend me even when most of the people dislike me for how I act.

Unlike in camp, everyone would judge me for my dad. Yes he is the god of the Underworld, yes he is feared by many. But that doesn’t mean that I am the same. That doesn’t mean that I am heartless and don’t feel when someone dies.

They don’t understand I can feel it. I probably feel it more than any of the other demigods. They don’t understand.

I walked at the edge of the Forbidden Forrest when I felt a familiar sensation of death. It wasn’t like the ringing when I feel someone die. But rather that like a one when I am near a ghost. I decided to have a closer look and entered the forest.

A little deeper in the forest I found a strange looking horse. It looked more like a skeleton than a horse. It was like a skeletal animation of a horse and they put a layer of skin on it. Though unlike most people, I can see the beauty of death. You can see the amazing way he was created. There is this aura around it. like something that protects it.

“Their called Threstrals” a girl behind me said. She had blonde hair and a rather dreamy expression.

“Master” one of them said. Was this how Percy felt like talkping to horses? “You came!”

“Unbelievable” I muttered as I petted one.

“You must’ve seen a lot of them in the Underworld.”

“No, not real…” Darn it. I looked at her with wide eyes. She tricked me. But how…

“My Mum was a demigod Daughter of Athena” she said simply. “I’m Luna Lovegood.”

“Figures” I muttered “Nico di Angelo.”

“Why are you here?”

“I don’t think I am allowed to tell.”

“Did you swear on the River Styx?”

“No but if you knew my father. You’d understand why I have to keep it to myself.”

“Does it have anything to do with the Chamber of Secrets?”

“Perhaps” I said “I myself am not sure.”

“Just tell me when you need someone to talk to” She said “You’ll never know when someone might be able to help you when no one else can.”

~(*)~

Strangely enough, I was summoned by the headmaster. I had probably walked through every corridor in this entire school. I found each and every one of the teacher’s quarters and their classrooms. Even some of the older unused classrooms. There was even a strange lady with big glasses in a small window in the middle of a wall. But I could not find the headmaster’s office.

I walked around the third floor corridor until I bumped into Professor McGonagall.

“Careful there Mr. Di Angelo” she said “what are you doing wandering these halls, shouldn’t you be in your common room getting ready for supper?”

“I was looking for Professor Dumbledore’s office” I said I searched through my pockets and found the piece of parchment with the summons. It was crumpled from spending a few minutes in my terribly filled pocket. Filled with sweets that Draco gave me thinking that I was going to miss dinner again.