Chapter 6

Chapter 6

            I gripped the broom in my hand like it was my life line. I really feel uncomfortable flying…or even the idea of it. I never liked heights. Ever heard of the line, the higher you are the harder you fall? If not then now you have. Draco was already up in the air having a verbal argument with some of the Hufflepuffs.

            “Come on, Nico. The air is fine!”

            I looked nervously at the sky. It seemed cloudier than when we arrived here. Cloud means rain, rain means thunder, and thunder…means Zeus. I swung my foot over the fragile looking piece of wood then after a large sigh, I took off.

            Flying wasn’t as bad as I thought….it was much worse. As soon as my feet left the ground, I felt like falling. The broom doesn’t seem like much of a support. I few to beside Draco. Who was the team captain for this activity?

            “Alright everyone…” he started to give out the orders and the positions. But I wasn’t paying much attention. I was paying more attention to the sky. It was getting darker by the minute. Only a matter of time before…

            “NICO!” I jumped nearly falling off my broom.

            “What?”

            “You were dozing off. I said you’re going to be the keeper” Draco said as if he were talking to a five year old.

            “Right” I said “That’s the ones near the hoops right?”

            “Yes”

            “Okay” I said heading towards the metal death trap. Metal means conduction, which means a very powerful shock.

            “Alright, Captains. Shake hands” Madame Hooch said Draco and the boy from Hufflepuff that I don’t know what the name is shook hands “First to get six goals wins. On my whistle.”

            TOOOT!!!! Then just like that thunder stroke. It struck the top hoop of my side of the pitch. I felt the hair on the back of my neck stand. And I flew away from the hoop. And then thunder again stuck…now it was after me. Some of the other kids started to scream. I have to get down before anyone else gets hurt. At some point I fell off the broom. I heard a sudden pain and a loud crunch on my arm…that’s not good.

            “Di immortals!” I exclaimed. “Ho detto a lei, ma lei non ascolta?”

            “Five points from Slytherin for language, Mr. Di Angelo” Madame Hooch said when she landed and approached the demigod. For a moment there was a sympathetic look on her face then returned to her usual no nonsense look on her face. “Mr. Finch-Fletchley, bring Mr. Di Angelo here to the hospital wing.”

            “Yes, Madame Hooch” the boy I met back in the platform said.

            He led me through the halls of Hogwarts. After we wear away from ear shot, he tried to make conversation.

            “So I see you manage to get to the Platform alright”

            “Yeah” I said “I thought I was going to hit the wall right before I got to the platform.”

            He laughed “Yeah that happens to everyone in the first time”

            “I guess we never got to know each other properly” I said offering my unbroken hand “Nico di Angelo, Half-blood, Slytherin.”