Chapter 16

Chapter 16

                Harry walked cautiously into the Chamber his wand ready in his hand. The entire chamber was like a giant death trap. He felt like he was walking to his own death. But he had to save Ginny. He felt like it was his fault she was here in the first place.

                He looked at the stone snakes warily. Then he saw Ginny.

                “Ginny!” he ran towards Ginny’s body that lay in the tile floors. Her hand felt cold. Her eyes shut and slightly grey.

                “Ginny please don’t be dead.”

                “She won’t wake” Harry heard a voice he turned and saw the young Tom Riddle standing there in with his proud stature.

                “What do you mean she won’t wake? What happened? Please don’t tell me…”

                “She’s alive. But only just.”

                “What did he do to her” Harry muttered

                “Who?” Tom asked with a mask of concern.

                “Nico.” Harry said “He’s been acting weird all year. I don’t know but he seems to be a little too happy that Muggle borns were getting petrified here and there.”

                Tom gave a chuckle. Picking up Harry’s wand from the floor. “Nico might be strong and powerful. But he doesn’t have the heart to do that to a couple of muggles.”

                “We have to get out of here!” Harry said again. “There is a basilisk…”

                “It won’t come until it’s called.” Tom said idling twirling Harry’s wand in his hand.

                “Give me back my wand, Tom” Harry said reaching out for it.

                “Oh you won’t be needing it.” Tom said.

                “Won’t be… What do you mean by I won’t be…”

                “I waited so long for this” Tom said “To meet you. To speak to you.”

"Look," said Harry, losing patience, "I don't think you get it. We're in the Chamber of Secrets. We can talk later -"

But before he could step any farther, a black sword froze him in place. He fearfully looked at the sword’s wielder. It was Nico.

“Thank you, Nico” Tom said

“Shall I dispose of him, Master?” his voice raspy almost like a hiss.

“Not yet,” Tom said pocketing Harry’s wand “We shall talk first wont we, Mr. Potter.”

“How did Ginny get like this?”

“Interesting Question” Tom said pleasantly. “It’s a long story really. Quite possibly the main reason is her pouring her heart and soul into a little black book.”

“What are you talking about?”

“My diary. For months she wrote to me. Telling me her pitiful stories- how her brothers tease her. How she had to come to school in second hand clothes. Never having her own name” Tom said with a smirk “Little did she know that with her pouring her heart and soul into my little diary. I slowly poured mine into her. Until she didn’t know what she was doing anymore.”