*two*

They both get into Elliot's black jeep. He starts the ignition and sighs.
"You okay?" She asks
"Yeah I'm fine. Just stressed out a little" he confesses
"Why what's going on?"
"Just, im never at home. Kathy keeps telling me that I don't love the kids, that I don't love her"
"Do you?"
"Of course I do, but-"
"But?"
"I love the kids, and I do love Kathy,but I feel like that the spark, between us, it's gone"
"Well how does she feel?"
"I don't know, I haven't spoken to her"
"Maybe you should. It's better to get stuff off of your chest, so that she actually knows how you feel, instead of guessing it trying to read you mind"
"Thanks Liv, you always give the best advice" he says with a smile
"I'm always here el, when ever you need to talk"
"I know"

He drives to her apartment and pulls up outside. He opens the car door.
"What are you doing?" She asks as she walks to the door with him following.
"I'm making sure that you get up there safely"
She half scoffs and half laughs at Elliot's gesture, been as he is spending even more time with her especially after he has just spent 20 minutes complaining about how he never gets to see his kids.
"Elliot go home. See your family" she says
"well flick your lights twice when you get up there okay?"
"Okay, bye Elliot"
She goes up to her apartment in the elevator. When she reaches her apartment door she walks inside and walks to the window. She sees Elliot looking up at her light up apartment from his jeep.
She sticks her middle finger up at him and she gets the same gesture in return. The banter that they have is the thing that keeps their partnership and friendship going.
She walks to her table and picks up her bag because she hears her phone ringing. Without checking the caller id she answers.
"Benson"
"What you doing?!"
"Excuse me?" She laughs as she recognises the voice at the end of the line.
"You didn't flick the lights!"
"You really are one stubborn son of a bitch aren't you stabler!?" She says as she walks to the lights.
She flicks them twice.
"Yes, yes I am"
"Okay you can go now"
"Okay, see you tomorrow"

"Elliot, what time do you call this!? It's half ten at night! The kids are in bed and you missed dinner. Again!" Kathy yells as he walks through the door.
"I'm sorry, I was held up at the precinct!"
"Yeah, more like with that partner of yours!"
"Yeah! Doing work!"
"Sure"
"Wow, what's that supposed to mean!?"
"You know what I mean Elliot!"
"Me and Olivia are partners. And friends. That's it!"
"Okay, what ever Elliot. We need to sort this out though! You are never here. And the kids miss you"
"I miss them. But I have a job Kathy. I'm sorry I'm not always here but it's not my fault, I-" he is cut off by the ringing of his cell phone.
"Oh you are kidding me!"
"Stabler, yeah. I'll be right there" he says into the phone before shooting a dirty look at his wife. He leaves the house and drives back to the precinct.

"Cragen, what's up now!?" Olivia says as she walks into the squad room
"Yeah capt, you have is the night off!" Finn adds
"Hi, sorry I'm late" Elliot says as he walks into the squad room. "What's the new lead captain?"
"We received the DNA from the rape kit. Erm Elliot, I need to speak with you" Cragen says as he leads him into his office.