What Happened Before

A/N: this chapter has talk about rape and violence. Only read if you are okay with reading about that kind of stuff

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Johnnie and Amelia spent every day for five solid months together. They would always be at each others apartments, on the roof, or at the lonely park. Johnnie had told her everything about him; his depression and suicidal thoughts, his family issues, everything- but he knew that Amelia was keeping one thing back...

"So, Amelia, you never got round to telling me why you moved to Agloe from Cincinnati? Its a long way away and there must be a reason for coming to such a remote part of the US."

There was a silence. It lasted what felt like decades. Hesitantly, Amelia started to tell Johnnie what happened...

"I didn't want it to happen at first. I was getting bullied by a group of kids from the local college, because I looked weird and had no friends. See, my parents...they put me up for adoption. I wasn't even a year old when they left me. I was on my way back to the orphanage and I passed the college kids. They tripped me up, ripped my bag and tore at my clothes. Just the month before, a few of the boys raped me. It was horrible, there was blood everywhere. I ran to the orphanage in ripped clothes and I didn't leave my room for weeks. Anyway, when they tripped me up, they kicked me and punched me, but I got up and walked away. I went to my cramped room and packed what little possessions I had. I then went to the rundown kitchen and took the cleaver from its stand. I needed protection."

Johnnie looked at her, encouraging her to finish the story.

"I walked back the way I came, knowing that the college kids would still be there. See, I pitied the three girls that stuck with the 6 boys, but then again, they all bullied me and I bet they were all doing each other. So as I walked past them, one of them grabbed my sweater sleeve and pulled me down an alley, and blocked the exit. A few of the boys started to grope me and i just had enough. I pulled the cleaver out of my bag and hacked away at the bullies. Half an hour later, all 9 kids were is a bloody heap, and their blood was all over my hands and arms. I knew then that I had to leave Cincinnati, I had to go someplace remote. I ran to my car and came to the most remote place I knew; here in Agloe."

Johnnie was speechless. Amelia looked down but grabbed his hand. She looked back up into his piercing blue eyes and Johnnie pulled her into a tight hug. "I'll never let anyone hurt you again. And I trust you, I know you wont kill me, let alone anyone else," Whispered Johnnie. Amelia smiled. They were the closest friends, almost like siblings. Even with her massive secret, everything was going blissfully for both of them.

But nothing could prepare Johnnie for what was to come to him next...