An Unknown Mystery

Three months after Amelia confessed to Johnnie about her past, he asked her to be his girlfriend, and when Amelia said yes, he was the happiest man on earth. He had finally met someone who was similar to him, who understood him, and was always there for him. They would spend every day with each other, and Johnnie even  introduced her to his mum. "Mum, this is my girlfriend, Amelia. She moved here from Cincinnati, and shes been there for me these past few months," but his mum just looked at him quizzically and cautiously said "Hi, Amelia".

Johnnies demons were being fought off by Amelia. She helped him become mentally stable again. Everyone in Agloe could see him changing, for the better. They would often order in pizza and watch movies on the couch, or they would spend the day at the park, or in Hot Topic. His mum let Johnnie and Amelia go on a mini road trip, to New York City and around the state of NY. The whole fortnight was spent sightseeing and shopping and just generally enjoying each others' company. And sometimes, they would even disappear for days at a time to just explore and spend time alone with each other.

But one day, that all changed.

Johnnie had spent the night in Amelia's apartment, but when he awoke, she was nowhere to be seen. At first, he thought she had just gone out to the shops, so didn't worry much. When she still hadn't returned two hours after Johnnie woke up, he started to worry. He didn't know how long she had been gone but he was determined to stop her. Johnnie sprinted out of the building to find her car still parked outside; meaning she was still in Agloe. He checked every one of their secret places and all the spots that they hung  out at. He went into every ally and every shop in the area, only to find no Amelia. The last place he checked was the roof- the first place they looked, but she wasn't their either. He dragged his feet along the floor as he got to his and his mum's apartment, and he glanced over at Amelia's door. Johnnie sighed and unlocked his door, and went to his room.

For three days, Johnnie just sat on his bed waiting for Amelia to return. He didn't eat anything as he couldn't bring himself to get up. Truthfully, Johnnie feared that Amelia had left him, ran away and never to return. He started crying as he heard a knock on the door. "Johnnie? Are you in there?" He jumped. It wasn't his mums voice and he didn't know who it could be. Gingerly, he got up and opened the door, to be greeted by his girlfriend standing there with a Hot Topic bag and a pizza. "Happy Birthday Johnnie... I'm sorry I wasn't here for a few days, I went to take some pictures at the old abandoned house that's just outside of town. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have gone without telling you..." Johnnie said nothing, just pulled her into a hug and kissed her forehead. "It's okay. Lets watch a movie and finish the pizza, it's all I want want for my birthday."

Prom was coming up, and Johnnie asked Amelia to be his date. Of course, she said yes. On the night of the dance, he knocked on her door and she answered in the most stunning black and white dress the world had ever seen. The black top faded into a white skirt, and it was shorter at the front than the back. Her tattoo was clearly visible on the side of her calf; a feather and birds. Her elegant heels perfectly matched her dress, and Johnnie was completely speechless. Amelia laughed and took his hand, and they arrived at the dance and had the best time, uninterrupted by all the other students. That night, Amelia crashed in his cramped room, and they spent the night playing video games until Johnnie couldn't keep his eyes open. He kissed Amelia, and then fell asleep. In the morning, Amelia was nowhere to be seen.

Johnnie started panicking again when he woke up to no Amelia, and no Amelia's car. He sprinted to the roof to get a view on everything inside and in close proximity to the town. Her car was nowhere to be seen. Johnnie told his mum he wasn't going to be back for a few weeks, and he went looking for her.

He knew Amelia wouldn't go farther than the state of Wyoming, so he drove the whole way there, and headed straight for Yellowstone National Park, as Amelia was always talking about it. Two days after driving round the state, Johnnie left for the road as she wasn't there. He stopped in every state on the way back to New York, and was gone for over a month. When he finally returned to his tiny apartment, he collapsed crying on his bed. Only then did he realise a note on his dresser, that wasn't there before he left on his trip. It was from Amelia.

After reading it, he yelled and threw it at a wall. Amelia said she had left and wasn't going to be coming back for a few months. She had just left him after almost a year, and Johnnie could feel his demons slowly regaining control over his body. He promised himself he would find her and bring her home. He couldn't live without Amelia...