Chapter 1: Rise and Grind

{Roman}

Let me tell you a little about myself. I was born and raised in St. Louis. My father was gunned down right outside of my childhood home when I was 7, and my Lil brother was 1. After my pops pass I could tell my mother was struggling. So when I turned 14 I slowly eased my way into the game. Now, eights years later I basically run everything. I hang with few, and trust none, but my right hand man Raheem. Us together is unstoppable. Now my little brother is a different story. He is what I wish I could have turned out to be. He will be 17 years old and about to graduate next year. He has his head in the books and plays basketball, and scouts are looking at him.

*RING* *RING*

I look over to my nightstand and see my trap phone ringing. I looked at the caller ID before picking up and see it's my one of my homeboys Black.

"Yo, wats' up, " I said, unplugging my phone from the charger.

"We need you down here at the trap" Black informed to me.

"Ight on my way, " I said, getting out of the bed.

I cut on my security system and locked my front door. I stay in a condo because I don't like big houses, it's to much room for me . I don't do relationships either because I don't know the next time I will come home. I already have my mom on my case I don't need another person on it.

———————————————————

I walk up to the trap door and knock once, then pause and then knock three times. The door open and the security let me.

"What's up Winter" the security nods his head as he was letting me in.

"What's up, " I said, nodding my head back to him.

Winter is my nickname everyone calls me but people that I respect, like my mother, my brother, and Raheem.

I walk in the back and see Raheem and Black sitting in a chair in my office.

"wats good y'all" I said to them confused on what's going on.

" We got him" Raheem said with a big as grin on his face and Black smiles too.

"What y'all talking about, " I said even more confused.

"Augustus"

Flashback

March 3,1997

"Roman go in your room and start your home work right now" My mom yelled at me.

"But..." I tried to say, but my pops cut me off. "Roman what did your mother say, huh" my dad said, kneeling down to get eye level with me. "She told me to do my homework" I said, putting my head down looking at the floor. "What did I tell you about looking down" My dad looking at me. "Eye contact is the key to respect and always make eye contact with you and mom" I said looking him dead in his eyes. "Right, now go do your homework and when I get back home, we can play". He said smiling and I look over at my mom and she had a smile on her face. "Okay, " I said, smiling and running in my room to do my homework.

10 minutes I hear the front door close.

Then 3 seconds later *POW*

That was the gunshot that ended my pop's life. One shot is all that it took. I ran out of the house and see my mom running to my dad's lifeless body. "WHY" She cries out. I just stood there. I did not know what to do. "Go call 911"my mom cries to me.

Flashback over

As I grew up I found out who was the person that killed my father, which was pretty hard because my father was well respected and it could have been any one that crossed him. Later on I found out it was It was his best friend Augustus. The person I called Uncle, this is the number one reason why I have trust problems. After I found out 6 years ago, I was determined to find him. Augustus had went M.I.A after 2 years after my father's death. I was determined to find this man if this was the last thing I did.

---SORRY FOR MISTAKES-----