Nine Chords & Something Else

Last night felt unreal and I'm having a hard time believing that we performed to a crowd of thousands. As I'm laying on the couch in the dressing room, I look through the videos and pictures the fans posted of last night. I read everyone's opinion about the show and I'm happy that many of the fans enjoyed it. There are few people who weren't fans of us originally but after seeing us perform, are saying they are now.

Currently the only other person with me here is Alex, but he is busy playing a game on the console. Hazael and Levi are either still sleeping or doing something. My brothers, Edward, Louise, Josh, and Lana are out exploring London since early in the morning.

"Hey Aileen, how's your voice feeling after last night?" Tommo asks me after some time. "It's fine, Ryan has me drinking tea and stuff nonstop so my vocal chords are ready for tonight." I tell him as I point to the travel mug on the floor. Ryan is our vocal coach and a very scary guy, he got mad at me this morning when I came in to do a vocal lesson.

"That's what you get for screaming last night during the concert," Alex tells me before shouting some profanity at the TV as he died. "I know but come on, how can I not sing along to one of my favorite bands in the world? What didn't help, was me falling asleep at three in the morning." I tell him giggling.

"Damn girl, what the heck were you doing up at the hour?" He asks me. "Nothing crazy, I was with some of the fans outside the venue until security told me it was time to go. I mean its one of the things I love doing after a show, you know that." I say as I continue scrolling online looking at pictures I took with some fans.

"I know its something you like doing but remember you can't do that all the time now. We're performing for longer dates than we are use to and our bodies can only take so much before it decides to shut down." He says in a serious tone and I sit up looking at him. "I guess you're right man, since when did you become all wise and shit?" I ask in a funny tone.

"Ah my young padawan, I've always been wise but just now you're opening your eyes to notice." Alex says serious before he starts laughing and I  join him. Few seconds later, the door opens and in comes Levi with his guitar and notebook. "Sup Levi, what brings you here?" Alex says as blondie takes a seat next to him.

"Not much. I was hiding from Mason in the tour bus because I didn't feel like doing the workout and I got inspired to write a song.  I see you two aren't at the gym either," Levi says with a smile. "Well Ryan told me he doesn't want me doing anything to hurt myself because I need to save my strength for tonight," I say as I take a sip from my mug.

"And I'm keeping her company because it would be mean of me to leave her alone. Besides I'm not really feeling a workout today with the show we did last night and the one we have tonight and tomorrow." Tommo tells him as he continues playing the game. I sit up and take another drink from my mug before asking Levi a question, "So what going on in the blonde-dyed head of yours? What did you come up with?"

Levi hands me his notebook and I see that he has written down about nine chords and something else that looks like lyrics that read: Your words cut me deep in my heart I need anyone to give me back to my life and Need you in my head but you gotta get out my head and a few other ones. "It's pretty much all I have. Like I have the tune but the words aren't coming together for me yet. Let me play it and see if you can come up with something."

He starts playing the tune and sings what he has. When he finishes, he looks at me for an answer. "See that's all I got so far. I'm trying to figure out if there is anything that can go with it or if I should change the chords?" He asks. "I think I might have something," Alex said humming the tune to himself. I didn't even notice him reading the notebook over my shoulder.