3:58pm Monday

Brenner sat in one of the comfy single lounge chairs staring at the two steaming cups of hot chocolate sitting in front of him on the old marked table. He had always loved coming to this place, it had an atmosphere that couldn't be recreated anywhere else. All the furniture was mixed matched with no two chairs or tables the same, the walls were decorated with random posters and paintings, the place overall was quirky. Quirky was the best and only way to describe the place.

Brenner was nervous. For all the times he'd actually spoken with Selene it was as if she was there with him. But now the time that they would be meeting face to face, Brenner was terrified.

A million thoughts ran through his head: What if she didn't come and stood him up? What if she didn't like how he looked?

He shook his head; Selene didn't seem like the shallow type. Brenner almost laughed aloud at his own thoughts, it wasn't like they were getting married.

"We're just friends," He whispered to himself softly

The dinging of a bell bought Brenner from him thoughts. The bell sound had been from the little bell at the cafés entrance. Someone had arrived.

Flicking a quick glance at his watch Brenner rose from his chair and faced the direction of the front of the shop.

It was as if the breath had been knocked out of him. Brenner watched as the petite girl entered the shop. Her black curls feel down around her shoulders framing her face and her eyes searched the shop. The girl fiddled with the hem of her denim summer dress and fixed the soft cardigan across her shoulders, nervously shifting her gaze from person to person it finally settled on Brenner.

Brenner knew it was her, it had to have been. He raised a hand in the air and gave her a little wave.

The girl walked quickly to where he stood with a shy smile playing on her lips.

"Selene?" Brenner asked hopefully

I quick nod and smile from Selene sent a flurry of butterflies off in Brenner's stomach.

"It's nice to finally meet you face to face Brenner," Selene spoke softly giving him a big grin

(... Fin ...)