almost as rusty as R2

Waiting for people to show to the briefing, Poe and I stood side by side at the massive circular table. Some part of him touched my skin, whether it was his fingers on my skin, his cheek against my forehead, or his leg against my own. He didn't let me step farther than a foot away from him.

Missing me wasn't it, it was the simple fact that he didn't want me to slip out of his fingers again. Being in a safe place, where we weren't going to be split by chance, he kept me near, close.

I didn't mind. I was entranced in his presence, content in his touch. My mind felt at peace. The inner battle I had lived with for the past few days was forgotten of. Poe brought me to a peaceful mind with only a touch of his hand. Staying near for hours on end brought me to a level of serenity I hadn't felt since I was a teenager on Yavin with him. I never wanted to leave it.

Caught in each other, we hadn't noticed others joining us at the table. A being bumped into my back, shoving me farther into Poe. I turned my head, then fully, my attention on the man standing beside me. I tapped Poe's hands from my waist. I poked the Admiral's shoulder.

"Excuse me, sir, are you Admiral Akbar?" I asked.

Akbar spun his great big eyes to meet mine. "That would be me," he said, offering a smile.

"Oh, have I heard some stories about you, sir," I said.

"I was quite the legend," chuckled Akbar.

"Enna," whined Poe. "Hush, I'm about to make my speech."

"Oh, bite me," I teased.

"Tempting," whispered Poe. He then asked the massive table to quiet down. "So, the scan data from Snap's reconnaissance flight confirms Finn's report," he announced.

Snap, one of the pilot's, spoke to the table. "They've somehow created a hyper-light speed weapon built within the planet itself."

"A laser cannon?" asked another pilot.

"We're not sure how to describe a weapon of this scale," admitted Snap.

"It's another Death Star?" asked Major Ematt.

"I wish that were the case, Major. This was the Death Star. This is Starkiller base."

Exclaims broke out across the room when Poe displayed the hologram. There was a sizable difference between the two. It ignited fear.

Han rolled his eyes. "So, it's big," he said flatly.

"How is it possible to power a weapon of that size?" asked Akbar.

"It uses the power of the sun. As the weapon is charged, the sun's drained until it disappears," explained Finn.

"Ma'am," interrupted a woman. She handed the General a note.

"The First Order is charging the weapon again now," sighed the General. She cleared her throat. "Our system is the next target."

"Oh, my," gasped C-3PO, "Without the Republic Fleet, we're doomed."

"Okay. How do we blow it up? There's always a way to do that," assured Han.

"Han's right," said the General. She looked to Finn hopefully.

"In order for that amount of power to be contained, that base has to have some kind of thermal oscillator," mused Statura.

"Precinct forty-seven,"said Finn, pointing.

"If we can destroy that oscillator, it might destabilize the core and cripple the weapon," said Statura.

"Maybe the planet," offered Major Ematt.