"What is that?"

"I SAID NO!"

Papyrus stood his ground in front of this killer girl who had just walked past him. The scar on his neck from her knife still stung, but Papyrus didn't touch it anymore.

"I AM NOT GOING TO LET YOU WALK AROUND AND KILL MORE INNOCENT MONSTERS LIKE YOU HAVE DONE IN THE PAST. THIS WILL END."

Chara laughed. "Look who's talking, Mr. 'Hero'!" Chara made air quotations when she said the word hero. "You've killed Lesser Dog!"

Sans looked at his brother with a look of dissapointment and sadness. "y-you killed?!" He was now a bit angry.

Papyrus looked at Sans, a little frantic to cover up Chara's words. "NO NO NO SANS! THAT'S NOT HOW IT HAPPENED!"

"Then what did?" Chara asked with her arms crossed, curious to his answer.

"OK. DID YOU SEE THAT BLACK MASS ON THE LEFT SIDE OF YOUR VISION CHARA?" She nodded and Papyrus continued.

"WELL, I HAD QUICKLY ASKED GREATER DOG TO RUN OVER THERE, A LITTLE SLOW FOR YOU TO SEE, BUT FAST ENOUGH SO YOU DIDN'T CHASE AFTER HIM AND MURDER HIM. I THEN TOLD LESSER DOG TO RUN TO HOTLAND AND STAY THERE WITH ALPHYS AND UNDYNE. I SAW A PILE OF DUST NEARBY, PROBABLY FROM YOU, AND PLACED IT IN FRONT OF ME, AS I FAKED THE WHOLE MURDER!" Papyrus made a victorious pose. Chara was shocked.

"Y-You," She began, confused. "You FAKED LESSER DOG'S DEATH?!" Chara screeched, but Papyrus didn't even look scared.

"I gave you my trust, Papyrus! I . . . I . . . I SPARED YOU!"

"I KNOW. THAT WAY, I GAINED YOUR TRUST AND I WOULD TURN YOU INTO UNDYNE!"

"pap, that's a brilliant plan!" Sans said, proud of his brother.

"YES IT IS!

"WHEN I SAW CHARA KILL A SNOWDRAKE, AN ICE CAP AND A COOLDRAKE, I KNEW WHAT YOU SAID WAS TRUE, ABOUT THIS HUMAN BEING DIFFERENT, SO I HATCHED MY OWN PLAN, AND IT ALMOST WORKED."

Chara was then mad, very mad in fact that her eyes were becoming demon like.

"That's it." She said. "You crossed the line, you hunk of bones. I'M GONNA KILL YOU!"

Chara ran at Papyrus at full speed. Papyrus looked at Sans and they both nodded. San used his magic to hold Chara's hand in the air, while Papyrus grabbed Chara's knife. Sans let her move her arm again, but threw her to the ground, letting her body drag.

Chara sat up, coughing from the air she lost from the impact of her body to the ground. Papyrus came closer, but there was a look in his eye that frightened Chara a little. A look she thought she would never see in someone like Papyrus.

Revenge. He wanted a whole lot of it, as well.

"YOU DON'T HAVE LONG NOW, HUMAN." Papyrus said, looking down and letting a shadow cross over his eyes. "NOW, YOU WILL SEE MY TRUE POWER."

A white bone appeared out of the ground near Chara. Then another on her opposite side. She was getting a wave of a new feeling over herself, and she couldn't move.

Papyrus came closer, and whispered into Chara's ear that made her run for her life.

"YOUR GOING TO DIE."

Chara ran into the Waterfall, while white bones zoomed past her. She covered her head and continued to run.

Chara then ran into a wall, and turned to see Papyrus right behind her, ready for the kill.

"YOUR TIME IS UP, HUMAN."

"WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS?!" Chara screamed, mad and confused.

"BECAUSE, I GAVE YOU MY TRUST, AND YOU BROKE IT WHEN YOU TRIED TO KILL ME!" Papyrus explained. "NOW THAT THE SAME THING HAS HAPPENED TO YOU, YOU CAN JUST GO TO UNDERHELL."

"Papyrus! Cut it out!" Chara screamed back, but not as loud.

"Quit it!" She yelled, getting quieter and less confident each time she spoke.

"Get back!"

"Stop!"

". . . stop . . ."

Chara then realized what this new emotion was that was still pumping her heart.

Fear.

She was scared.

Chara pushed herself against the wall as her own blade came and touched her neck. She felt liquid run down her face and knew she was crying. Chara let the tears fall.

"Please Papyrus . . ." She begged. "Don't do this! I'm sorry! I'M SORRY!" Chara screamed the last sorry at the top of her lungs and cried louder.

Papyrus smirked. "YOUR LUCKY I CAN STILL SHOW MERCY." He said, taking the blade off of Chara's neck and throwing it to the side.

He then went in and hugged her.

Chara was absolutely shocked at this. So shocked, she never hugged back. Just standing there, letting his odly warm bones make her feel better, but Chara continued to cry.

"Why are you doing this?" Chara asked, obviously referring to the hug.

"BECAUSE, EVEN INSIDE A KILLER LIKE YOU, THERE IS A GOOD PERSON THAT CAN SHOW MERCY."

Chara then had a flashback to when she had spared Toriel in the Ruins. When Toriel hugged her, she felt . . . a little good. But she went back to killing.

"I KNOW YOU CAN CHANGE CHARA."

Chara took a deep breath and hesitantly hugged Papyrus back, still letting tears fall silently.

"R-Really?" Chara asked. Papyrus pulled back to look at her.

"OF COURSE! THERE IS GOOD IN EVERYONE, EVEN YOU!"

Chara smiled and wiped the tears away. "Thanks!" She said, still smiling.

Papyrus smiled as well, seeing that he finally found the good in this not-so-good girl.

Chara sighed and Papyrus asked why.

"Well, now that you've convinced me that I can truly be good, I want to change everything, and apologize to everyone."

Papyrus smiled even bigger. "THAT'S WONDERFUL! LET'S DO THAT NOW!"

Papyrus turned to leave, but Chara didn't move. She felt a wave of an even newer feeling that was washing over her.

"Papyrus." She said, so unsure of what this was that she had to ask.

Papyrus turned to her. "YES CHARA?"

"I'm . . . feeling something."

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN? DOES IT FEEL BAD?"

"No, I just don't know what it is."

"TRY DESCRIBING WHAT YOU FEEL."

"Alright.

"Well, I feel like there are butterflies in my stomach. I feel warmth to my face. And I feel . . . shy . . . when I'm around you." Chara started shaking. "Pap," She said, looking up at Papyrus, scared. "What is this? What am I feeling?"

"THAT . . ." Papyrus hesitated, which worried Chara.

"THAT SOUND LIKE LOVE."

"What is that?"