[1.04]

The Kessel Run is a hyperspace route used by smugglers and unscrupulous freighter captains to move spices from the spice mines of Kessel at the behest of the Pyke Syndicate, who rely on the Kessel Runs to deliver the illicit substance to their customers. The route involves several extreme changes in velocity in order to jump to, and drop out of, light speed with the minimum time spent out of hyperspace while making drops, pick ups or tight turns. It is therefore the source of much bragging between smugglers. The time to perform the run proved too difficult to arbitrate (due to the highly relativistic distances involved) but a fierce competition developed nonetheless, for the pilot and ship able to make the run while covering the shortest overall distance demonstrating the most adept maneuverability and pilotage. Octavia Nightshade was proud to say she made the Kessel Run in less than 14 parasecs in The Thunder, when she was only 17 years old.
"I'm calling bullshit Princess. There's no way you made it in 14 parasecs." Han Solo put his feet up on the table, leaning back on his chair and watched with amusement as Chewie and Octavia both seemingly pouted. "Don't tell me you're taking her side on this." Han said to his best friend. "There's no way an seventeen year old could make the Kessel Run, not to mention 14 parasecs!" Han said. Octavia just raised an eyebrow.
"Oh really. Tell me then Han, how did you make it then?" Octavia asked and Chewie growled, backing her up.
"The last time I did it, I made it in 15 parasecs, but that was a while ago. I bet I could do it quicker now."
"How long ago was a while? Because I picked up some dumped spice not long ago, and I heard whispers that Jabba didn't get his latest spice." Octavia teased. The four life forms and one droid on the ship were all congregated in the main room, Thunder was sat on Chewie's shoulder, the two of them had really hit it off, as Thunder was showing more and more signs of being a Wookiee. (And Octavia found out that Chewbacca liked being scratched behind the ears, like Thunder.) On the other hand R5-T1 had practically become part of the ship, when ever they weren't docked, the droid could be found in the engine room, talking to the ship and almost melting into the walls. It'd only been a week since The Thunder exploded. Han and Octavia had settled into the routine of 'goddamn they annoy me to hell but they're also my best friend and I need to keep them around' they both tried their best to annoy the other, wether it be stupid nicknames or verbal combat or full on physical fights that left them both bruised and cut. (Chewie had to physically pull the two apart on multiple occasions.) However the name calling and fighting was all just the two of them bonding.

"Let's do it then, you find us a buyer that doesn't want us dead and we'll make the Kessel run." Han said, standing up. Octavia instantly knew he was being serious about his suggestion to make the Kessel Run. Stealing the spice would be easy, especially for Octavia who knew the mines very well now at this point, the passages in and out, the workers shifts, and which area was the best for stealing. Octavia wasn't called Nightshade for nothing.
"Okay, sure. Let's do it. I'll call up Qu-Za and see if he needs any spices for trade. You set course." She said, furrowing her eyebrows as she concentrated. This wasn't usually something someone did because they could or they wanted to. It was normally a last resort if they were out of money. She took her transmitter into the Crew's Bunk room, and sat on her bed, turning the transmitter on.
"Qu-Za!" She said, grinning.
"My Octavia, how are you?"
"I'm doing okay considering someone blew my ship sky high." She said, still feeling a down about it.
"That's terrible, who's ship are you on?"
"I'm working with the Millennium Falcon, we were just saying we were heading out to Kessel, if you wanted anything." Qu-Za grinned.
"Yes, perfect. I would like as much as your ship can carry. Get it to me as soon as you can." Qu-Za ordered.
"Thanks Qu." Octavia said, turning the transmitter because Qu-Za was known for talking way too much, and all she wanted to do at the moment was sleep or fly a ship. She had a feeling Han wouldn't let her fly his ship just yet, because he saw her flying in her own, and it was rather reckless, and by rather, she meant very reckless.
"Princess! Strap yourself in! We're going into hyperdrive." Octavia walked back into the cockpit and sat down in the Navigators seat.
"How many times have I told you. I'm not your little princess." She said, leaning over his chair and hissing it in his ear. She also pinched a pressure point on his arm. "Clear?" She asked as he squirmed.
"Crystal." He muttered, rubbing his arm before reaching for the lever to pull back, sending the ship into Hyperspace. Chewie punched a few buttons, then watched as the stars around them sped up, until they were just streaks in the dark night sky.