1.| GIFTED SOULS

01 | GIFTED SOULS

______

THE SERENDIPITOUS MELODY THAT POURS FROM THE GRAND PIANO ECHOES THROUGHOUT THE CULLENS CALM HOUSE.

Edward and his daughter sit on the piano bench where the source of the music comes from, him teaching her the basics of the tune.

Bella stands watching the pair with her best friend and resident werewolf: Jacob Black.

Esme and Carlisle sit in the corner, play a friendly game of chess sharing teasing smiles with every move their pieces make.

Rosalie and Emmett are wrapped in each other's arms smiling at the romantic tune coming from the piano.

Jasper sits upon the soft plush love seat and waits for his mate, Alice, to return to the room.

As Edwards piece ends on its imperfect cadence, the sound of an echoing gasp and glass shattering silenced the whole home.

While everyone stares at Alice in worry and confusion, Jasper leaps from his seat and holds Alice in his arms, worrying for his soulmates health.

"What is it Alice?" Jasper asks her slowly.

"The Volturi," She tells them her eyes looking over everyone worried faces, she inhales before speaking again. "They're coming for us. Aro, Caius, Marcus, The Guard. And Irina,"

"Honey, come here," Bella whispers to Renesmee, placing her hand out toward her awaiting her child's warm hand.

"Why?" Carlisle breathes out, placing his hand over Esme's in a comforting gesture.

"What did Irina see in the woods?" Edward directs his question to Bella, drawing everyone's attention to the girl in question.

"Nothing," She replies, shaking her head adamantly.

"Ness was catching snowflakes," Jacob contradicts, his eyebrows furrowed at the sudden conflict.

"Of course," Edward whispers, his eyes drawn to the floor. "Irina thinks Renesmee is an immortal child,"

"Immortal children were very beautiful," Carlisle explains, his eyes travelling to each of his children. "Enchanting. To be near them was to love them. Their age was frozen at the age they were turned. They couldn't be taught, or restrained. A single tantrum could kill an entire village. Humans heard of the devastation, stories spread, since children couldn't protect our secret, they had to be destroyed. The creators become very attached, fought to protect them, because of them Covens were torn apart. Countless humans slaughtered. Traditions, friends, even families lost."