7.| POWER STRIKES FEAR

07 | POWER STRIKES FEAR

______

As the familiar glass house approached, Aaliyah huffs as a bout of irrational fear runs through her making her body freeze on the spot.

Benjamin halts in his travels once he notices the girl disappearing from his side.

Grabbing her hand in his, he squeezes it in comfort before pulling the girl, encouraging her to move forward.

"Aaliyah," He whispers, tugging her along the dirt pathway. "Their waiting for you,"

"I can't walk in there," She coughs out, her eyes blown wide. "It would be a suicide mission,"

"Relax Aaliyah," He smiles at her, not noticing that every glance he gave her slowly relaxed her body. "You've took on worse,"

Closing her eyes for a moment, Aaliyah slips her hand from Benjamins and makes her way into the Cullen's home.

At the entrance of the disappearing vampire, the other covens look up at her with interest.

"I'm sorry," She whispers, feeing insecure under all their stares. "My power gets a little too much for me at time, I didn't mean to run of,"

"It's fine," Edwards smiles at her, albeit it being more of a grimace, Aaliyah still revels in the acceptance. "Your power is very interesting, to say the least,"

"My power strikes fear in people," She smiles solemnly, locking her hands onto her hips. "I don't want people to fear me,"

"So that's your gift?" Kate asks, leaning forward on her seat slightly. "You show people their worst memory?"

"I guess," Aaliyah shuffles from foot to foot, although she would never admit it, she never really liked the attention to be solely on her. "I search through your memories and go to your worse one, basically I enhance how you felt from them moments,"

"That's a terrifying gift," Kate blanches, leaning back into Garrets embrace. "I don't know how you deal with it,"

"What about Xander?" Tanya pipes in, leaning over her sister shoulder to look at the girl of the hour.

"What about me?" Xander replied, strolling into the house with kindling over his shoulder.

After tossing the wood into the fireplace, he wipes off his hands before staring at Benjamin.

Benjamin raises his eyebrows but realisation floods through his eyes as Xander looks from him to the fireplace.

Benjamin places his hand on the logs and they immediately light, fire throwing itself up at the chimney shoot.

"Do you have a gift?" She asks leaning forward, with an amused look in her eyes.

"They don't know?" He asks, looking at his sister with a confused glint to his eye.

"Obviously not," She hums, falling onto a stool relieved the attention isn't focused on her any longer. "Or else she wouldn't be asking,"

"I thought they would've guessed by now," He chuckles, sliding his hands into the pockets of his winter coat.

"He's a tracker," Aaliyah croaks, rolling her eyes to the back of her head. "Like even better of a tracker than Dmitri,"

"You really think so?" He asks her, comically widening his eyes. "Thank you so much, it warms my ego,"

"When did you become a sarcastic little shit?" She hisses at him, a glare lingering in her eyes.

"Since you decided you wanted to elope," He hisses into her ear, making the girls eyes lock onto his in shock. "When we get home, you won't be leaving the room you sleep in,"

"I can also project my shield," He addressed the group, finally separating himself from his sister. "But I can't fully protect us all,"

"But with Bella and your shield," Emmett continues, stepping forward slightly. "Couldn't you both come together to make one big shield,"

"Probably," Xander half smiles at Emmett, rocking into the back of his heels. "Both of us could make one strong shield, or two separate weak shields, choice is all yours,"

After a moment of hustle, the covens begin to relax knowing a foundation has been lauded for the war.

The mood in the room grows even warmer once Bella arrives home, her daughter in tow, who hasn't left her fathers side since she got here.

Aaliyah lets her eyes travel over Edward and Renesmee, smiling at the giddy girl but her eyes betray her and stray of to the side, watching as Bell turned the corner and sprinted up the stairs.

Sliding Benjamins arm off of her shoulder, Aaliyah whispers to him informing him of her short departure.

After running after the eternal teenager, Aaliyah leans against the door post to one of the spare rooms watching Bella pack away a small back.

Feeling a breath on her shoulder, Aaliyah turns and finds Alastair staring at Bella in confusion.

Bella folds up the letters she had finished writing and shoved them into the bag, not noticing the pair of vampires settled behind her.

"It's a romantic notion, isn't it?" Alastair asks, alerting Bella of the pairing. "A righteous few could defy a great evil. I must admit, you even had me believing for a moment," He lets out a puff of air, his silent laugh. "Good Luck,"

Shaking her head at the man, Aaliyah steps towards the newly turned girl and lays her hand on her shoulder, giving her a warm smile.

"I think we should have a talk,"

______

edited