11.| UNLAWFUL REQUESTS

11 | UNLAWFUL REQUESTS

______

Xander and Aaliyah stand near the back of the group, shoulders nearly touching both of them relying on the other for comfort.

"If we live through this," Aaliyah sighs, her body shuddering in anticipation. "You don't have to stay with me, you can do what you want with your life, maybe even find your mate,"

"I'm with you by choice," He replies, looking at the horizon in anticipation. "Not because I'm being forced. I told you I'll stay with you as long as I know your safe then I'll make up my mind,"

"I love you," She breathes out, her eyes squeezing shut.

"Not as much as I love you," He replies back, not moving from his position.

A leaf rustles in the distance causing the both of them to spring to attention, sharing grim looks they walk closer to the group until they are in line with the Irish.

The fog on the horizon begins to fade and red and black dots begin to appear in their vision.

Streams of black pour from the forest until they form a long line, all the while Garett has been mumbling "The redcoats are coming,"

"Oh my," Aaliyah breath out when she sees the large mass of people the Vultori have gathered.

They continue to make their way towards the covens causing Aaliyah to inhale an unnecessary breath.

They stop some distance away from the group, causing the previous captures breath to escape in relief.

Among the members of the guard, a familiar blonde head comes into view.

Irina looks back, her eyes widening in fear for her sisters.

Aaliyah sighs and looks towards the ground, already knowing the outcome of this situation.

Wolves howl in the distance making Aaliyah's face split into a wide grin.

"I always knew we could reply in you Jacob," She whispered, chuckling under her breath.

Wolves slowly begin to leak from the forest, creeping towards the covens in an effort to scare the Vultori.

The all make their way to the band of Vampires, clustering themselves into small groups except for the only female member, Leah Clearwater.