Yearning for Her

[[Holy fuck... It's been almost a year since I've updated... Shit, guys. I think I'll start getting back on that. I don't have much to give you guys for now, but I promise you won't have to wait a year. Thanks so much for reading. Enjoy!]]

I woke up in my room. I looked out the window; it was still dark. The stars seemed... Strange. I didn't feel like anything was real.

Suddenly, a voice snapped me away from my delusions. It was Phoenix, calling me from down the hallway. Had she finally recovered and came to see me? I was ecstatic!

I walked down the hallway, my bracelet in hand. I was really hoping she would like the gift.

"Phoenix?" I called out, entering the main room.

I suddenly heard a scream.

Dracs began pouring in through the windows, it looked like hundreds. I tried to run towards the hallway where Phoenix's screamed, but my feet felt like they were stuck in quicksand. The Dracs all came closer as I tried to ran as fast as I could. They all merged towards me, one of them getting close enough to hit the back of my head. Phoenix's screams were even louder now.

A Drac pointed a raygun at my face. I couldn't breathe, it was like they were taking the air from my lungs.

I saw his hand tense on his gun. His finger slowly squeezing the trigger.

I was going to die.

"NO!"

    I woke with a start on that sunny day. The day was so beautiful, it was nearly hard to believe that just inside my room I was having fits and nightmares.

    I grabbed at my chest, my heart beating rapidly. I was breathing very deep breaths. I touched my face gently with my fingertips. No wound. Just a dream.

    An abrupt knock on the door caused me to jump and wring my hands together. Man, I haven't been this bad since I left two years ago.

    "Rocket?" Show Pony asked, muffled by the closed door.

    "Uh," I said, still trying to recollect my thoughts. "Come in."

    Show Pony opened up the door, noticeably weirded out by my awkward posture and my hands clutching my chest.

    "I've been hearing you mumble and fidget all night. What is up with you?" Pony asked me.

    "Anxiety." I answered without hesitation, staring intensely at nothing. I must've looked insane. I just couldn't relax. I was too worked up about Phoenix being okay.

    Pony walked over to my bed, taking a seat next to me. I looked up at him, his expression looking softly down at my face.

    "Listen," He said. "Phoenix needs some time with Ghoul. She's been through a shit ton at the moment. Time will repay you, but, right now, everyone needs a chance to settle back in. Including you. I need you for some missions today anyway."

    "Yeah?" I asked, looking up at him.

    "Mmhmm," Pony answered, messing up my hair. "We got a lot of stuff to do. I'll contact the Four soon enough and ask about Phoenix for you, okay? It won't take forever. Take a deep breath. She's going to be just fine."