CHAPTER 10

~KYLE 10 MINUTES PRIOR~

Curiosity consumed me as I pondered what transgression she committed. Alphas never lay a finger on a pregnant she-wolf. Drawing closer to the room, an overwhelming scent that had previously assaulted my senses returned a thousandfold. My inner wolf began to emerge, evident in the changing hue of my eyes and the heat radiating through my body. A surge of abnormal arousal washed over me, and my gaze fixated on the alpha, whose mesmerizing golden eyes seemed to glow. Instantly, I recognized who stood before me.

My body went into overdrive, the escalating heat becoming uncontrollable. I had to escape from here as swiftly as possible. Breaking eye contact, I bolted down the hallway, disregarding the pleas of my sister and assistant who shouted my name. I could sense his presence behind me, and if I didn't find a secure haven, he would capture me. There was absolutely no way I would ever mate with that alpha.

I rushed into the nearest open doorway, hastily locking myself inside. Outside, I could hear him sniffing, his scent filling the air and stirring up an undeniable desire within me. I was panting, struggling to maintain my balance, my body yearning for him and desperately trying to convey that message. Suddenly, his scent dissipated slightly, granting me a moment of relief as I collapsed to the floor, gasping for breath and silently thanking the moon goddess for granting me a brief respite.

Though I heard footsteps fading away, I knew there was still someone lingering outside the door. It wasn't him; his scent was barely discernible. But I knew exactly who it was. His beta, entrusted with guarding his mate, was the only person an alpha would allow in such a position of protection.

"Let me out, beta." I pleaded, my voice trembling from the lingering heat that continued to consume me. "I have a performance to attend."

"I'm sorry, alpha's orders." he replied, a hint of amusement in his voice. "I can't disobey them."

I sighed, resigning myself to the fact that I would have to wait until the alpha's return before I could leave. However, if he truly understood the consequences, not only for himself but also for the entire town, he would surely expedite his arrival, desperate to avoid the unwanted attention that would descend upon this place.

30 minutes later.

"Damn it!" I angrily rake my fingers through my semi-long, golden locks as I anxiously pace the room.

A sudden knock interrupts my thoughts, followed by a familiar voice. "Are you alright in there? Don't want you hurting yourself." he chuckles in an amused tone.

"No shit, Sherlock." I retort sarcastically. "If you're so concerned about my safety, why don't you let me out?"

He laughs."No can do." I sigh, leaning against the door and continuing my restless pacing. My heat has calmed slightly, but I can still feel its relentless grip. Once that idiotic alpha returns, my heat will come back with a vengeance.

"Shit."

I mutter under my breath, taking a seat in an effort to calm my frayed nerves. When I arrived at this place, the last thing I expected was to find my mate. Especially now, and to top it off, an alpha. I already have too much going on in my life to settle down. Music is my passion, my purpose. And as far as I'm concerned, that alpha has a life too.

In order to address this matter maturely, we must approach it as responsible adults. It's essential to have a calm discussion with him and reach a resolution. Once everything is settled, I will gracefully remove myself from the situation. As I contemplated my plan, I felt a sense of relief wash over me, gradually easing my anxiety. While my inner wolf eagerly anticipated our mate's arrival, I, on the other hand, was far from thrilled. Taking a moment to close my eyes and practice deep breathing, I pacified my inner wolf and patiently awaited my mate's return.

~Camaron~

"Where is he!" the she-wolf bellowed, her voice echoing through the halls. "By the heavens above, alpha or not, if anything is amiss with my brother, I will unleash my fury upon you."

My inner wolf recoiled at the audacity of this lower-ranked she-wolf challenging us. Its anger surged within me, a blazing fire threatening to consume everything in its path.

"Know your place, wolf, or I will show you where it lies." I growled, my eyes shimmering with a silver glint as my wolf took control. I could sense a flicker of fear in her eyes, a faint whimper escaping her trembling lips, yet her resolute determination remained etched on her face. She refused to yield, and my wolf, well acquainted with the taste of defiance, did not take kindly to being challenged.

"I couldn't care less about who you think you are, you're no alpha in my eyes. Where is my brother?!" she screamed, her frustration evident.

In that moment, I noticed her eyes flash a vibrant shade of blue, indicating her wolf was on the verge of attacking an alpha. I had to commend her bravery for challenging me in order to protect her sibling; it was quite amusing. Suppressing my own wolf, I regained control of the situation. Raising my hand in a peaceful gesture, I waited until she had calmed down before cautiously approaching her. I desperately needed to contain myself, as I had no desire to harm my mate's sister.

"I promise you, your bother is perfectly safe." I reassured her, but she continued to stare at me skeptically.

"Well, then where is he?" she asked, her tone lacking any hint of niceness.

I extended my finger, pointing in the direction where I had left my companion. "Just down the hall." I replied confidently.

"I already sensed his presence, but why hasn't he returned?" she inquired, her frustration evident.

This girl was truly testing my patience. "Because he is patiently waiting for me to come back." I explained, pausing briefly to savor the memory of my mate's refreshing scent, mixed with the intoxicating aroma of his desire.

" And Why is that?" she said, glaring at me, snapping me back to reality.

"We must discuss a negotiation between us." I announced, a smile forming on my face.