Friends

Friedhelm was leading Liesel through thick crowds of people. They were getting closer to the center of Berlin and there were even more people. Friedhelm pulled Liesel closer to him and put his arm around her shoulder keeping her close. She blushed hoping he would not noticed. Her body was being hugged against his warm body.

Finally they found their way through the crowded streets and were in the city center. Sitting by a fountain were four people around Liesel and Friedhelm's age. One of the two boys looked like a slightly older version of Friedhelm and Liesel assumed that was his brother. The other boy had messy brown hair and brown eyes. He had his arm around one of the other two girls. The girl had brown hair and seemed in love with the boy. Maybe they were dating. The fourth person was a girl who sat next to Friedhelm's brother. She was laughing her long dirty blonde hair was in braids. Friedhelm's brother smiled fondly at her.

"Well there they are", Friedhelm said.

He still had his arm around Liesel and noticing abruptly put his arm at his side.

"Sorry. I didn't notice", he said blushing madly.

"It's alright. I actually kind of liked it."

"Really?"

"Yes. Do you want go meet your friends?"

"Sure. Lets go."

They walked towards the fountain. Friedhelm's brother got up and said, "Friedhelm there you are! And who is this?"

"Wilhelm this is Liesel. She is new to Berlin. Liesel this my older brother Wilhelm."

"Hello Wilhelm."

"Hello Liesel. Where are you from?"

"I'm from Munich," she said lying about her home town.

"Well welcome to Berlin."

"Thank you."

"We should introduce her to the rest of our friends don't you think Friedhelm?"

"Yes."

Liesel, Friedhelm, and Wilhelm walked towards the rest of their friends. "Everyone I would like you to meet Liesel. She is new here in Berlin.", Wilhelm said.

"Hello.", everyone replied.

The girl with blonde braids stood up, "My name is Charlotte but you can call me Charly."

"Hello Charly."

Next the brown haired boy stood up,"My name is Viktor Goldstein."

"Hello Viktor."

Finally the brown haired girl stood up,"My name is Greta."

"Hello Greta. I don't mean to be rude, but are you and Viktor dating?"

"Yes actually. And you were not rude.", Greta replied.

"Well. Now that we know each other should we go get something to eat? I can pay for you Liesel", Wilhelm said. 

"Sure." everyone replied.

"Ok", Liesel said.

-----------

While they were eating everyone purposely left the open space for Liesel next to Friedhelm. They had a very good meal with Apple Strudel for dessert.

-----------

Viktor and Wilhelm took Friedhelm and started an all male conversation with him. Greta and Charly did the same with Liesel. "Soooo.", Charly said.

"So what?", Liesel replied.

Greta butted in and asked,"Do you like Friedhelm?"

"Friedhelm! Why would I like him? I only just met him!", Liesel said quickly, the blood automatically flowing to her face.

"Don't lie. We saw you blushing when he had his arm around you.", Charly said.

"I think he likes you." Greta added. "The way he looks at you."

"Why would he like me?"

"I think he just does.", Charly said.

"We could get you two together", Greta said.

"I'll think on that."

"Alright. Well the boys are walking over here.", Charly ended.

Friedhelm and Wilhelm walked her back home to her home. They said goodbye and Liesel walked to her room smiling.

I think I'll like this, she thought.