Prologue

*Sydney's P.O.V*

I stood outside of my high school waiting on either my mother or my father to pick me up. The scenery around me is typical. Multiple students, teachers racing to their cars, boys and girls shoving their tongues down each others throat.

"Hey Syd you need a ride home?" asked one of my closest friends Todd.

"Um no I'm just gonna call my mom again and see where she is. She probably fell asleep again," I joked.

"I'll wait in case she doesn't pick up," he said and I smiled and nodded at his kind gesture. Pulling out my phone I dialed my mothers number that I had memorized and waited for the call to be answered, but it went straight to voice mail. Hitting the end button I looked up at Todd.

"Can you give me a ride her phone went straight to voice mail?"

"Yeah come on," Todd said grabbing my backpack and throwing it into the back seat of his ford diesel truck.

As we drove down the street I looked around at the familiar houses and the familiar street signs. I can't believe my mom wouldn't answer phone. I could have been kidnapped, or I could have just gotten hurt. I'm happy Todd hadn't left yet because my house isn't that close to the school and that walk would have taken me about an hour.

As we pulled onto my street all around my house and the neighbors house was blocked off by officers, caution tape, and road blocks.

"What the hell?" I questioned out loud as Todd stopped the truck in the middle of the road. Watching as the firefighters pulled a body out of my house I instantly jumped out of the truck and made a bee line through the cops and to my house.

My mom lay lifeless in the strangers arms. Her skin burned in certain places leaving chard skin in place of her once milky white skin. Tears pricked my eyes as I looked at my mother who is no longer walking this earth with me. Her eyed closed and her chest not evening moving an inch.

"Mom please," I cried while looking at her. A tear slid down my face and landed on her chard cheek.

"Ma'am please back away," the firefighter said calmly.

"This is my house!" I screamed at him and ran inside hopping to find my father, but he was in the same state as my mom. His skin charred and him lifeless. "Daddy!" I shouted running up to him only to be held back by someone. I was pulled out of the house and dragged out onto the street.

"Sydney!" Todd screamed from behind the tape. The last thing I saw was my mothers body being covered with the black tarp before I blacked out.

*****A/N******* Hi everyone who is reading this. I want you to know I'm trying for this story and will not give up. No this will not be some Twilight bull shit. It will be vampires yes, but I won't copy any ideas from Twilight. Remember COMMENT AND VOTE