Chapter three

*Sydney's p.o.v*

It's the end of the school day and all the boys are piled in the Jeep so I'm stuck standing in the very back holding onto the top. Dylan claims that it is safe, but I told him if I die I am haunting his ass.

"Alright I'll order pizza and you guys can watch a movie while I go back to practice. Be ready when I get back so we can go to the party," Dylan said while forcing all of us out of the Jeep. He is leaving me alone in the house with Calum, Ashton, Luke, and Michael who we had to go pick up.

"Alright bye," I said as I unlocked the door and let everyone inside.

"What are you wearing tonight?" Calum asked while opening a can of Coke and plopping on the couch followed by the other three.

"I was planning on some shorts my black crop top and then stealing one of Dylan's flannels why?" I questioned as I took a seat on the recliner.

"Well because it would ruin our image if you went dressed in something to trashy or to slutty," Calum joked making me laugh.

"Well speak for yourself boys, but you won't have to watch her all night," Luke said as he opened a bag of chips.

"You really don't like me do you?"

"It's not that I don't like you it's the fact that I don't like how you radiate that you got your way at home," Luke snapped at me. I will admit I got a pang in my heart from him mentioning my home, but he wasn't going to know that.

"Oh and what would you know what my life was like back at home?" I questioned because honestly my life at home wasn't that great. My father would get drunk from time to time and he would beat me. Only me though. My mother finally just gave up trying to help me and she would ignore my cries.

"I can tell yours was better than mine was," Luke  snapped while holding his head up high like he was so proud in that sentence.

"I don't have anything I need to prove to you therefore I'm not going to start this argument," I spoke confidently. Calum sent me a small smile and a wink. It felt nice that I stood up for myself.

"Whatever," Luke grumbled and stood from his seat storming up stairs.

"Luke has his own room up stairs," Ashton said while zoning into a movie.

"Alright well I'm going to go do some homework and get dressed, don't trash the place," I said and went up stairs to get to my room.

The moment I walked into my room I began to sweat. The air wasn't working to well in my room and Ed told me he would fix it eventually, but till then I'd just have to cope. Instead of torching myself in the heat I went and took a cold shower and changing into my black lace bra and panties and put my hair into a cute bun.

I sat on my bed and began working on my stupid math homework. I love math when I understand it, but if I don't understand it I hate doing it. I want to be a CEO of a company in New York some day which is mainly why I take math so seriously. I've been at the same problem for about forty minutes now and I'm so annoyed with myself.

"Do you need help?" I heard someone ask. Instantly my head shot up and I saw Luke standing against my door frame with a smirk adorned on his lips.

"Are you good at math?" I questioned and he chuckled.

"I'm pretty good almost as if I've learned the same thing over one hundred times," he joked making me smile and pat the spot next to me.

"Ok so you just have to combine everything like this," he explained and then began talking me through every single step and he helped me with the rest of the homework I had and helped me with the science homework I was given so I could ketch up in class.