Chapter 1

Authors pov

Right so Alois is 18. He is still with Claude and alive.

Alice's PoV

The tall stranger started to climb off me  as our breathing slowed down. Once he was off me I sat up and sorted out my worn out my dress as the man sorted him self out too. I stood up off the bed and walked towards the door. The man following. At the door he pulled out a stash of notes and shoved them down my dress into my exposed boobs. I opened the door and allowed him out first. I turned back around the face the room where my night had been sent.

It was worn down. It was just a small room, red wallpaper that was peeling off, a rotten wooden floor to match the rotting dresser and of course in the centre of the room was the rust old bed, where every time I laid apon it, I died a little inside.

I turned back around and closed the door while walking though it. My night was finally over. I mentally cheered as I went and passed the front dest. Wendy was stood behind it.

"Alice, dear how's your mother" she asked "did you make enough to get her supper on the table" Wendy asked me, leaning into the desk. Wendy was a nice lady who ran this hell. She's around 54 and was a small chubby woman who wore excessive makeup

"She's getting better" I gave a weak smile. My mother has been really sick since I was 14, and since that age I have been working here. It is disturbing how young I was, and still am. I'm surprised that they even let a child as young as I work there but the problem with this world is that it is obsessed with money. Lives can be put at risk and inhuman acts can take places but no body cares except for the about of slip of paper they take home every day. we need money. My mother needs it. "I think I have enough" I added, pulling the money out and scanning though it.

"Yeah I have enough, and I also have enough left over to get some medicine" i smiled and Wendy smiled back.

"Right well you best be on your way love, see you tomorrow Alice love" she called as I walked out. I waved her a goodbye as I passed the "Wendy's whore house" sign. Yep a classy name for a classy place. But like i said, my mother needs this money and I'm willing to do anything just to get some, even if it means losing every drop of my dignity to those filthy men.

I walked down the bitter dark streets. The icy wind biting my rosy cheeks and leaving a red mark. The streets were so quiet and empty. They didn't scare me, like you would think. I like the quiet and dark. It allows me to just drift away from this shit hole called reality for a while.

I arrived back at my old house. It was small, camped and all in all horrible, but it was the best we could afford. I went up to my mothers room to see how she was. When morning came I was going to go and get the supplies. She was peacefully sleeping. Her pale face nuzzled In the knitted quilt. I smiled and went to kneel by her.

I brushed the hair from her face and tucked it behind her red ears. I smiled before standing back up. I was glad she was okay. Some nights she has vomited and I'd have to sort it out but this night we were all good. I slowly walked out of her room and went to go look into the room of my "little brother". He was four years old and also a sickly child. He was extremely skinny and weak. His eyes were sunken and knees wobbly. I peeped though the door and saw he was sleeping peacefully, hugging his homemade rabbit. I smiled softly before getting my self ready for bed.

I loved sleeping. It allowed me to escape the tortuous world I was a burden to.

Only

Sometimes the past comes back to life.