Dead Inside

~???~

I woke up to a sudden pain in the side of my head, holding it in pain as I sat up in bed. A bright light shinning in from a window to my right, the light showing dust particles floating around. I take a deep breath before standing, taking a moment to look around afterwards. I don't remember how I got here, or why I was here in the first place.

"Uh, hello?" I called out as I stepped out of the room.

"Oh, hey you're awake! I thought you'd never wake up." I turn around to see a boy staring up at me.

"Where am I?" I ask, putting my hand on the wall as a wave of nausea washes over me.

"You're at my house, the bathroom is down the hall by the way." He points to a door.

"Th-thanks..." I stutter, turning around to head there.

"I have breakfast ready when you're done, if you're feeling up to it anyways." He says before disappearing into the rest of the house.

I sigh, continuing till I make it to the room, shutting the door. I go over to the mirror and look at my reflection, confusion hitting me suddenly.

Who am I?

~Kit's POV :3 ~

Everyone was sitting in the small room waiting for Derp to wake up, the doctors informed us he ODed, and that he should be fine. Derp lay motionless on the hospital bed, machines keeping him alive at the moment. The doctor said he's lucky to be alive. I lean towards Gold and lay my head on his shoulder, he in return wraps his arm around me. The steady beeping of the heart monitor lulled me to sleep. I close my eyes and try to sleep, but my brain kept on thinking.

Maybe he should die, not that he deserves it but because of how much he's been through. His friends told me about how his Mom treated him, and the way he acts today now...makes sense. He was never shown love by a caring Mother, I mean, there was Ian, but even he turned his back on him at one point. Darkness can make you go crazy...it changes you, in a way that can't be und-

My thoughts were suddenly interrupted by the sound of the heart monitor flat lining. Adam instantly shoots up and opens the door, calling for help. A few of the others already know what's going to happen and start moving out of the room so doctors can get in.

~Derp's POV~

Darkness. In every direction. I sat on my knees and waited, not really knowing what's happening. I sigh, closing my eyes and listen to the silence around me.

"Hey." I open my eyes and look in front of me.

"I-Ian...?" Ian sat in front of me, smiling.

"Yeah, it's me." He gently grabs the sides of my face and pulls me closer into a kiss.

"Am I dead...?" I ask as we pull away.

"Not yet..." Ian hugs me, I hug back, "It doesn't hurt."

"This...this isn't real."

"Of course it is Derp, hey." He grabs my shoulders and looks at me, "I promise it didn't hurt, I was knocked out so I didn't feel anything." He says before standing up, holding his hand out for me to take.

I take it and he starts to lead me somewhere, a small light in the distance coming into view, "Where are we going?"

"I'm taking you with me." He explains.

I don't argue, I just let him pull me towards the light. Ian stops and looks at the small wall of white light before looking at me, "Go ahead, I'll be right behind you."