No One Knows

The entire train ride I listened to thoes two bicker and yell at each other, giving me the time to revise what happened this year.

First, a giant comes to the shack on an island to whisk me off to some magic school. The entire time this giant says only bad things about one house.

Second, I meet a family of 'purebloods' who just happen to be on a muggle platform yelling quite loudly about platform 9 3/4. All the while the youngest boy who is quite rude and boisterous further talks of down on Slytherins and brings to light only good about one high wizard named Dumbledore.

Thirdly, this esteemed headmaster sends a warning of imminent death should we enter a forbidden corridor.

Fourthly, and quite possibly the most alarming, I, along with an intelligent witch and the same rude red head, are borderline forced to save a precious artifact from an evil wizard who killed my parents and now wants revenge.

If every year is going to be like this, then it would probably be best to forget about making friends and actually try in class. Sure, Hermione is smart, but her magical ability is subpar at best, and in my will to make friends decided that instead of doing my best I would simply sit back and allow her to do well. Then there is the problem of Ron, who is so blinded by pure hatred of Slytherin that he refuses to accept any of them as less then vile, evil idiots. Maybe my entire life needs a bit of a makeover, starting this summer.

"...Right Harry?" Hermione's voice cut through the thoughts swirling in my head.

"Sure Hermione" I agreed as I followed the still arguing duo out of the train.

Instead of hanging back to bid my 'friends' a fairwell I simply headed out into the muggle world .

"Hurry up boy" my Uncle's voice hissed vehemently.

Ignoring the man, I simply placed my trunk in the boot and sat in the back seat of the new luxury car that the Dursleys must have gotten to show off to the neighbors. The ride took a strange turn as uncle Vernon took a left away from the house and stopped a block away from the leaky cauldron.

"Get out boy, I know that freaky pub is here somewhere, now get your things and scram"

"W-what?" I stuttered causing my horse of an aunt to turn to the back seat.

"You did not honestly think we would allow you back after what the man did to dudders, we will not have it no matter the protections you may have. We don't want to ever see you again"

With a resound nod I got out and the boot was popped for me to grab my trunk and empty owl cage. As the latch was closed the sleek brown car took off and out of view.

"Good riddance" I spat hatefully as I began to lug the heavy old trunk down the road. Thankfully the pub was a short walk so it was no trouble to walk in.

"Hello sir" I greeted the nice barman I met almost a year ago.

"Hello to you too Mr Potter" the man whispered having must remembered the last time I was here."wjat can I do for you?"
"A room please"

"Room 7 is free" the grubby man gave a toothless grin as he handed over a large key.

With a smile of my own I trudged up the creaking stairs and into room 7, which appeared to be my home for the summer. Not all was lost, however, as living here would give me the ability to go into Diagon alley whenever I so choose. That thought alone sent a spark into my body as I ran down the stairs dressed in my finest wizarding garb. Smiling I walked down the alley and into Greengots for a withdrawal.

"Name and business?" The goblin droned.

"Harry Potter for witdrawl" I replied happily.

The goblin peered around, and having found what he was looking for looked down to me with its beady eyes.

"Down the hall, third door on the left pleaese, you will be given more information there"

Curiously I walked down the hall and into the designated office to find a boxed room with two bookshelves on either side, a cherry oak desk, and a goblin sitting behind it.

"Mr Harry James Potter, I was afraid I would never see you" the creature spoke as if reprimanding a small child

"I apologize to keep you waiting sire, I had no idea you wish to speak with me mr..."

"Dullblade" the goblin supplied "please have a seat and we may begin"