Snape Knows

Sunday dawned quite late for Harry so it was no suprise to see a dressed Draco sitting on his bed across the room reading a book

"Morning Har" the blond spoke not looking over from his book

"Morning Draco"

"Got any big plans for the day?" Draco inquired

"No, but I do have to go meet Snape today" Harry answered getting up to dress himself.

"Don't forget that there is supposed to be a tutoring session tonight as we didint get much done last night"

"Yea I know, could you get word out that we can start at four?"

"Yea, what do you have to talk to Snape about?" Draco asked as Harry opened the door

"Just some potion research I found on a rare plant" Harry lied effortlessly

With a promise to see his friend later, Harry left the Slytherin dorms and headed down the hall and after knocking walked into the personal chambers of Severus Snape.

"Good morning Mr Potter"

"Good morning sir, I presume you have thought over my conditions?"

"Yes and while I am doing this reluctantly I do want this information"

"Very well then I need your oath" Harry replied happy to be able to share his knowledge with someone

"I Severus Tobias Snape swear on my magic to not reveal any information spoken to me by Harry James Potter unless given direct permission to do so by himself."

A gold flash emitted from the man's wand and Harry pulled out his "I Harry James Potter swear on my magic that any and all information that I will reveal to Severus Snape today is in fact the truth" a similar gold spark shot from Harry's wand and the two took a seat.

"It started on the train ride home....." and for the next half hour Harry retold his entire summer from beginning to last and Snape sat shocked to his core for a good portion of it.

"Any questions sir?"

"You? Decedent of Kentworth? You? Slytherin?"

"Yes sir" Harry replied

"My dear lord, you either really have no knowledge of wizard customs or I have seriously misjudged you" Snape spoke

"What do you mean?" Harry asked

"Well it is custom that the rank of a person determines the title used for them. The Kentworth line has been the only line in history to have the luxury of not having to worry about that as they are the highest rank and thus no one is above them, everyone below them however would be required to call them 'my lord' or 'your highness' so for you to be calling me sir is considered a great honor"

"You are a professor, I am a child, I have never used my name in the past to get what I want and I will not do it now. My name is Harry until I turn seventeen at which age I will come into my inheritance and earn my place as king."

"I am sure that your mate will enjoy that as well."

"My mate!?" Harry asked

"But of course. The Kentworth line is well known for its soul mate bonds, so far in history they are the only line to be gifted with such a rare gift" Snape replied

"How will I know when I meet my mate?" Harry asked worriedly

"I do not know, all I can say is that you will know"

"What exactly is a soul mate bond?" Harry asked instead

"A soul mate, once the bond is formed, becomes your source of life. Both partners are emotionally and mentally linked neither can live without the other. It is said that a soul mate bond is the strongest of them all and no matter what life they live the pair will always find eachother"

"That sounds painfully amaizing" Harry said softly

"Yes well there is a legend that says there has only ever been one true soul mate bond and the two of them just simply keep being re-born"

"Really? Who?"

"Merlin and King Arthur, there are many stories of the two but they all end with the pair together and intertwined for eternity"

"So you think it's possible that me and my soul mate are a reincarnation of Merlin and Arthur?"

"I do not know, but I do not rule out anything until it has been proven wrong" Snape replied

"Professor? What if the soul mates do not make it to eachother, what if this is the final story and no happy ending is found?"

"Well, while it is possible, it is best if one does not dwell on the dark things but looks for hope"

"But what if my soul mate is already dead? Or not born yet? Or what I-"

"Calm down!" Snape snapped viciously "you mate is alive and it is quite possibly that you do not have a mate I was simply stating a single fact that is quite well known throughout our world, and it would not matter if you have a mate or not as you yourself will not know until you come into your inheritance"

"Oh" Harry replied sobering up "Why didn't you seem suprised about Dumbledore?" Harry asked suddenly

"What?" Snape asked

"After that entire story, why didn'tyou seem suprised?"

"Dumbledore is an old man and I know as well as anyone that he likes to play games, he has never been as saint like as he would have everyone to believe. He is a man of many powers and titles but deep down he only craves more."

"So it would be best to keep this a secret?"

"Oh yes, if that old man ever got wind of your power he would not hesitate to take it from you"

"Sir? May I ask you something personal?"

"As long as I do not have to answer should I choose not to?"

"I know that you used to work as a spy for both sides during the war but where do you stand now?"

"I am in the middle, I do not seek light or dark however should one way persuade me then I may consider a side" the potions professor replied smoothly

"It is good to not choose until all information has come to light, good day sir"

"Good day Mr Potter"

With a bright smile the small boy left the man's chambers and headed to the Slytherin common room however was stopped by a sting to the back, faint footsteps and then darkness.