The First and Last Attack

The days passed quickly and Harry only continued to progress in his work. He did not flaunt it like Hermione had but Harry now held top in all of his classes even defence which has become a joke since the take over of the pompous arse that is Gillderoy Lockhart. with the title of top in the class came a few students who had asked to start a study group; Harry had agreed however on the condition that the house rivalry was not allowed while within the group and at first the others were not so keen on it however it did not take long for most of them to realize that their grade is more important then a stupid house rivalry and so the 'Hogwarts study group' was formed including quite a few students from each house. After the club became public more and more second years joined until Harry was forced to find a more spacious area rather then the crowded common room so he found a class room that seemed to be unused and moved his tutoring there even set it up like a real class room only this one had a more comfortably homey feel. All in all life was good for Harry until one night he was heading down to the Slytherin common room after locking up his class room however he was stopped dead in his tracks when he noticed the petrified form of Mrs. Noris And a bloody message on the wall 'The Chamber Of Secrets has been opened enimies of the heir beware'
Harry of course knew all about the chamber as he had read all about Hogworts in one of Salazar's books he had just neglected to go down there as it seemed a bit unfriendly but if this Basalisk was harming thing then best to nip it in the bud and as such Harry did not report the petrified cat just simply magiced the blood away and carefully placed the can in the floor and headed for the second floor girls bathroom. The walk was quick as Harry treked through the halls with determination and practically barged into moaning Mertal's bathroom and up to the sinks all the while the skittish ghost is whaling.

"Open you blasted thing" Harry hissed and the sinks obeyed giving the small child a set of marble stairs instead of a cold stone slide. Harry spent a second righting himself and then made the long trip down the glowing staircase. Once at the bottom Harry made another small walk to the final chamber door that was engraved with a viper around the boarder.

"As head of the most ancient and noble house of Slytherin I cm and you to open" and without fail the large door creaked open slowly and with a bright smile Harry climbed through. The chamber was as magnificent as Slytherin had described. Emerald touches shaped like snakes lite both sides of the long chamber. The walk way much like the touches was a duller shade of green and at the end stood the large statue of Salazar Slytherin himself the entire thing was brilliant and fit for the dark founder of Hogwarts. After enjoying the sight Harry remembered the reason for his visit and continued his walk down to the statue.

"Oh noble familiar I call to you"

With a sharp long hiss the statues mouth opened and out came the large Basalisk

"Your not the riddle Boy? Who are you!?" The large snake hissed

"I am Harry James Potter, head of house Potter, Black, Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, Slytherin, and Kentworth"

"That is quite the claim young one, you should know that if you are lying I will likely kill you?"

"It is no lie so I have nothing to fear, to prove my name I offer you a look into my eyes, it is said that only the master of a Basalisk can withstand the deadly glare and as you belong to the Slytherin name I am your master."

"You make a valid point hatchling, brace yourself as I am opening my eyes now" and true to its word the Basalisk opened its eyes and gave the deadliest glare I have ever seen and yet it did not scare me one bit and most definitely did not kill me.

"Very well hatchling but in order for me to test your other claims I must taste your blood"

"Very well noble creature, I offer this flask" Harry pulled out an empty flask from his pocket and after casting a light cutting hex to his finger allowed a few drops of blood to drip in before offering it to the Basalisk. It took many minutes, for which Harry waited in silence, before speaking resumed