Dark Side of the Moon

FIRES CRACKLED in Ai's ears as her feet crunched against the sand, her eyes taking in the streets in the distance – the tubes of smoke deepening her frown as she moved over to Niu. Moving past a soldier's corpse, she shook her head and cleared her mind, quickly walking toward the robed man as he finished speaking to one of his subordinates.

"Alright." Niu huffed and turned to Ai. "Go after him."

"Shi." She nodded and headed off to the docks.

THE WATERS rocked the boat slightly as Hans moved across the upper deck, bypassing some crewmen entering into his office, Locking the door behind him, he walked up to his shelf and got the box out and opened it, looking at what laid within fondly. He sat at his desk and fished out a pendant, holding it closely and smiling as he reassured himself of their situation.

"It's not over." He clenched it when the room shook.

Coming out of his office, he looked around the upper deck, seeing the crewmen walk around in a frenzy, each of them looking at the water below. Moving up to a guardrail, he looked at the ocean, seeing that the water around the ship was frozen solid. The vessel jerked as a large wave shot towards it, destroying the deck as Ai crashed onto the ship.

She wove water around her, whipping two soldiers aside and raised her hand, summoning large spikes that broke through the ship's hall and killed most of the soldiers and crewmen. A soldier swung a sword at her and she sidestepped, grabbing him by his neck and forging an icicle, ready to stab him.

"Wait!" Hans drew her attention, halting her as he approached. "Let him go! Take me instead!" She raised her brow in surprise and he walked towards her. "Why're you attacking my people? Why do you cause so much pointless death?" She frowned and looked away from him, sifting her mind. His brows stitched as he looked at her. "Why're you doing this? I can't believe a person can just be cruel and just do it because they want to." She let go of the soldier and backed away from him. "I can see the sadness in your eyes – you don't want to do this?" She looked up at him and frowned as he got closer. "You don't have to."

The spikes slowly melted as the ice around them turned back to water, letting the ship go back afloat. She looked at him once more and water erupted through the floor of the deck, submerging the vessel.

COLD WINDS blew into the foyer of Jack's castle as the door slid open, the Guardian in question descending to the floor and walking onward slowly. Creaks and clanging echoed through the halls as he moved on, bypassing the cathedra that slowly turned red. Shaking his head out of the apparition, he flew on and moved into a hall and went into the lounge, swooping down and sitting on a wooden chair.

Setting his staff beside him, he looked around the room and sighed, taking in the items placed around the floor. His eyes roamed over the objects in the room; snow globes, a reed basket, blocks of wood, a pile of hay and a pair of brown roller skates. His brows stitched as he stood and moved over to the skates, lifting them slowly and rubbing his thumb against the fabric, sighing miserably.

"What're you doing here?" He set them down and rose to his feet, turning to Tooth who flew passed him.

The fairy looked over the things lining the wall, stopping before a snow globe that she picked up. "You remember that kid you always hung around with when we first met?"

"Jamie Benet." He frowned slightly.

"I just went to his place today, he's fourteen." She chuckled. "Oh, how much time passes."

"Yeah; I think he was eleven back when Pitch made his return." He sat down.

"Yeah." She stood up and set the globe back down. "He was so enthralled with the lore of the Guardians and now he's moved on – studying ecology."