3 | Hell Buddies Minus One

It had been, from what you could recall, around two weeks since the two angels and two men were dropped in next to you. So far the time had been uneventful, the two men had woken up, and you found their names were Sam and Adam, you would make small talk and complain about the angels constant fighting. They told you about what had happened, how Sam's brother and an angel named Castiel had saved the day. Sam also expressed how it was strange as Michael was using the form of his father when he was young. Adam wasn't as talkative as Sam, he was scared and the cage was getting the better of him.

The two angels however, were not as calm in this situation. Michael has ignored you ever since you called him a pretencious asswipe. He would pick fights with Lucifer, which never ended well for those in the cage, you were lucky that you weren't part of all of the collateral damage they caused. Sam and Adam weren't so lucky.

Lucifer on the other hand, well he enjoyed picking on Sam and shouting at any demons walking by. Sometimes he would stare intensely at his hands for long periods of time. He also talked to you a lot, you suppose that he found you interesting. Over time his harsh remarks and sexual innuendos faded and soon you were both talking about nothing in particular. He was gentle towards you, even though you had seen him earlier, ripping at his brother's skin.

Now he was sitting next to the bars, but not close enough to get burnt. You sitting on the other side, legs crossed, describing the taste of chocolate to him, as you learnt he had never had any.

"I am truly sorry you have been locked in Hell," he purred, abruptly changing the topic and speaking his thoughts, "But it is quite nice to have someone like you to talk to."

You huff, "I'm glad someone appreciates it."

He chuckles, his deep voice sending shivers up your back, "Tell you what, Y/N, when I get out of here, which I will," he waves his hand in an aspirated motion, "eventually, that is, I think I'm going to take you with me, because I like you, you are good company. You could show me chocolate and other human things, it would be exceptional."

You give him a small smile, "I don't think I'll last that long without going insane. And I thought you despised humans? You wanted to demolish humanity?"

He shrugs, "Yes, humans are foul and improper, but I think I can see the beauty in it now from the things you have told me. All humans are broken, Father made it so on purpose, so that they could mend each other and create new things. I believe the reason I was destined to fall was so that eventually I could understand that this was Father's way of showing me what humanity meant, what emotions meant. I do not think I wish to destroy you all now, although I will never stoop to aid humanity."

His little speech made you speechless. Satan, with a change of heart, because of a few of your life moments. Wow. You had always surprised yourself since Crowley knifes you in the back, not going insane, almost pulling of a demon's ear, becoming besties with the devil; y'know just the usual.

Footsteps rung down the hall with a clack and you both peered out, Lucifer getting up to go verbally abuse whoever it was probably, his eyes turning red for 'scare factor'. You can't see clearly from where the person stopped, but Lucifer hisses and Michael and Sam scramble up to see the person, their faces evident with surprise. You try to move around so you can see them but all you could see was a black walking stick and an old looking hand.

"What do you want, Death?" Michael states. An unfamiliar chuckle rings loud around you all,

"I am here on Dean's accord, we made a deal, Sam is coming with me."

Hearing Sam's voice, riddled with worry, you try to shift your head to hear better, "What did Dean do?"

"Do not worry, your brother is safe, he will explain once you are topside," You see Death's hand wave Sam forward, "Now come, we must be going."

Topside? You hear a snap and Sam and Death are gone. Lucifer screams in frustration and Michael slumps back onto the ground, Adam hiding from them both in the furthest corner. You frown and shout out to the angels, "What just happened?!"

Lucifer trudges over to you once again and plops himself down, "The Winchesters found a loophole and now Sam is back on earth with his brother."

You perk when you hear your last name, "Winchesters? Sam and Dean Winchester?"

He scoffs, "Yes, a family of stupid cockroaches. Their father was horrible, John Winchester #2 worst dad, God being #1."

You flinch, debating whether to tell him your father was John Winchester. Eventually you think, oh well, what could go wrong, followed by everything that could go wrong, "My father's name was John Winchester. I never met him, he left me with my mother, until she died when I was 11 and put me in an orphanage."

He raises his eyebrows, "Well then, I guess that explains you being brave enough to not be acting like Adam right now, even though, technically he is also a child of John. Brave, stubborn and very 'righteous' are Winchesters. Well at least you're interesting and I like you."

"I'll take the complement in that, thanks."