Pete imagine- divorce?

Lately you and Pete had been shouting the house down and the spark just wasn't there anymore. Plus, you were pretty sure he was cheating on you.

You sat on the couch with all the lights off. Staring into the darkness as tears escaped from your eyes. He's been out for 4 hours now. The guys didn't know where he was and he hasn't texted or called. He was probably banging some slut he met at the bar.

You'd think after 6 years of being married, he'd constantly be by your side. That after all this time, you'd still be madly in love.

You took another swig from your whisky and swallowed it. More tears released as the drink burned your throat. You heard a few clicks in the door and then Pete tip toed in. He was about to walked upstairs when you finally spoke up. "Who was it tonight Pete?" You asked bitterly. He froze in his steps and then turned towards you. He flicked the light switched and leaned against the door frame. He rubbed his face with his hands and then looked at you. "What do you mean?" "I mean which whore did you sleep with this time?" You asked looking him directly in the eye. He sighed and sat next to you on the couch.

"You think I'm cheating on you?" "Why else would you be sneaking out nearly every night? You don't come back until stupid hours in the morning and you don't even care about me anymore." His eyes widened. "What? You think I don't care about you?!" "You don't care what I'm doing, how my day was or how I'm even feeling! Of course I think that!" Pete realised what he'd been doing and put his head in his hands whilst resting his elbows on his knees. "I guess It does seem like that huh?" "Yeah. Shit Pete. Are we broken?" "Maybe."

You both stared at the floor. Accepting defeat. "So I'm guessing we get divorced?" "Woah! Woah! Woah! What?!" "Pete. We've drifted apart. I try to fix it but you just distance yourself again!" "Is that what you want?" He asked, hurt filling his voice. "Of course not Pete. I love you with every inch of my heart. I don't want to do this but I can't keep trying to fix this if you aren't going to try either."

You got up to go to your room and pack. Pete ran in and shut the door. "Don't do this. Please I love you." "You obviously don't Pete!" You'd shouted. You huffed and then turned to him. "I'm sorry. I just, you've become so distant. You barely look me in the eye. This is breaking my heart Pete." "We're not getting divorced." "Pete-" "no. I love you and I will fight for this. I'll quit going to the bar. I can't live without you." "What about the girls you've slept with. Distancing yourself? Huh?" "I only do that because I'm scared I'm going to hurt you. I'm only now realising that I'm hurting you from trying not to hurt you. And I promise you, I've never ever slept with any other girl while we were together. All i do is go down to the bar and drink. I'd never cheat on you. Ever. Not in a million years! Not even if she was a Victoria secret super model and she threw herself at me and I had your permission. I could never do that because you're the only one I want. Please don't leave me."

You stood silent for a moment. Processing everything he said. Then you nodded slowly. The nodding increased and you found yourself nodding quickly. You walked up to him and wrapped your arms around him, your head on his chest. You could hear his fast heart beat and his breathes of relief.

"We can fix this baby. I love you so so so much (Y/N)." "I love you to petey. I'm sorry I shouldn't of asked for that. I don't want to ever live without you." "Me neither." He tilted your head up and gave you a kiss. He pulled back and  wiped your tears. Definitely no need for a divorce in this relationship. Things that are broken can always find a way to be fixed.