Chapter 12

Dipper

My eyes fluttered open and I slowly sat up. Why was it so quiet here? I looked down and found that I was alone in my cell. Where were Finnick and Mike?

I climbed down the ladder, and realized that the door was open wide. Did someone open it on purpose? Did one of the guards forget to lock it? Curious, I stepped outside. No alarm rang or whatsoever, as I had expected. This is a chance to escape! I turned left at the hallway to make my escape, but was bumped into someone.

"Morning, Dipper!" A voice greeted. I recognized it easily. It was Finnick's!

"I have never seen someone that had slept through the Jail Bell before," laughed Mike, as he lent me a hand. "You missed Breakfast. Had a sweet dream?"

"No." A dream of a demon apocalypse and Bill telling me about this demon power process? What a sweet dream. I scowled at the thought of Bill. I reached for his hand, and stood up. So much for my escape, I thought.

Finnick smiled.

"I did though. I dreamt of riding unicorns with the BABA members!" He chuckled. "Anyway, it's working time. I'll give you a tour."

I agreed and followed him along with Mike. You could say the tour was interesting.

It was funny to watch some criminals making some friendship bracelets, while the others were braiding each others' long hair. In one of the halls, I saw some finger painted drawings taped on the walls. They were all great, but one made me shiver though. It had a huge heart with a rough drawing of Mabel in the center, and beside it there was a photo of me, which was ripped in shreds and stick together forming a word IDIOT. So creative, I remarked sarcastically in my mind. No doubt it's Gideon's.

After that, we walked to a place what seemed like a big gym.

"We have Art Program later," said Mike, shrugging. "Newbies usually don't have to join them in the first week, so you're free now. But since you missed Breakfast, and I'm pretty sure you've not eaten for few days, you need to earn it. Earn the food, by doing extra work. They think you deserved to do more work because you had missed the Breakfast Time."

"Go ask that man for your assignments," Finnick said, pointing a man near the door. "He's called Julian, by the way."

The man was short with a pale long face and black haired. His eyes looked droopy and his canines seemed to be sharper than normal. He looked like a gothic teenager, who reminded me of Robbie, but much scarier.

I walked towards the man. The man looked at me and let out a snort. I could tell he was annoyed by me. Before I could open my mouth to speak, Julian asked if I was the new kid. His accent sounded foreign. I nodded and waited for him to continue.

"I've got a perfect job for you, punk. I want the gym to be clean," He said, handing me a mop. "No speck of dust, got that?"

I took the mop and went back to the gym. The gym was filled with people doing their own assigned work. The place was a huge mess. There was trash everywhere. It disgusted me greatly. I started to sweep the floor. The foul smell almost made me puke.

Why was I here cleaning a jail gym? I didn't deserve all this! It wasn't my fault burning the mansion! Bill possessed me! Or was it? Was the Voices right about me from the beginning? I shook away all the thoughts and kept cleaning.

After a while, I was finally finished with the cleaning. I went to Julian, who was busy playing Clash of Clans with his phone. I told him that the assignment was completed, and gave him back the mop.

He examined the floor carefully and nodded. Julian gave me few pieces of bread. I thanked him and wolfed down the bread. I hadn't eaten for few days and I was still hungry. My stomach growled once again.

I turned to go find my cellmates, but suddenly a voice boomed from the speakers in the gym.

"Criminal #1116 Dipper Pines, please come to Room #4. The Agents want to see you."

The guards came and handcuffed my hands. People around me snickered as the guards led me to a hallway. After long walking, we finally came in front of the Room #4. Looking at the door with Number Four on it, gave me an uneasy feeling. Whoever was in there, it made me uncomfortable.

And I remembered that the number four in Chinese also meant,

Death.