Chapter Ten: Chat Noir had a crush on Barbie

A/N: The Little Einstein's remix is the song that has been playing my head throughout this chapter.

Also, I am so close to 1.5K views! *screams* 😱😱

Thank you so much for making this possible for me. ❤❤❤❤

This may seem like a filler chapter but I assure you, it's not. It's all part of the plan.

Have a great day guys!

~KeepBelieving4774

     ***not edited (sorry, I'll try to edit it when I have the time)***
________________________________________________

"Okay, and then what did he say?" Alya asked. I put the phone on speaker so I could check.

"He's typing," I said, nearly falling off my seat.

"Play it cool, Marinette. But for the past couple of days, I think your awkwardness hasn't appeared in the conversations you have with Adrien," Alya observed.

I gasped. She was right. "I'm cured, Alya! I am cured!" I jumped up and down. I then realised that my parents were probably downstairs thinking that there was an earthquake going on up here, so I stopped.

"By the power invested in me, I dub thee 'not socially awkward'. Tell me the details, okay? I have to go," Alya said. I heard something creak open in the background.

"Okay," I said. "Bye Alya,"

"Later, girl," She disconnected the call. My phone vibrated seconds after. My breath hitched.
"Tikki, this is it!" I told my kwami, who was seated on the computer monitor. She was laughing.

"Answer the message, Marinette," She said. "And don't start fantasizing about your future together,"

"Too late," I told her, with a dreamy sigh. I could see it now. Adrien and I could continue texting and then he would ask me out. Since Alya declared me 'not socially awkward' anymore, this could actually work.

When Adrien asks me out, I would accept. Our date will be memorable. It would be at night at a café or at the Eiffel Tower. Then we stroll the streets of Paris, under the streetlights.

A few days after that, he would ask me to be his girlfriend. I would say yes. We go out until after college, when we both have stable jobs, he would propose to me.

I could see it now.

He would take me out to the places we used to go to when we started hanging out and then he would try to distract me, by saying "Look! A squirrel!"

I would turn to look for the squirrel. Since I couldn't find it, I turn back to Adrien with a frown, saying that I couldn't find the squirrel. But then, I am too lost for words to scold him because he is down on one knee, holding a small box with a beautiful ring in it.

I would have tears of joy and then -

"Marinette! Reply to the message!" Tikki screamed into my ear.

"Aaah!" I screamed. I took a few breaths to regain my conposure. "Okay,"

Do you want to hang out?
~A.

"Oh my God, Tikki. He wants to hang out! Okay, play it cool," I took a few more breaths.

I looked at the time. It was 5:30 pm. An hour wouldn't hurt.

Yeah, sure. Will Alya and Nino be there?
~M.

No. It's just you and I.
~A.