Chapter 4

Now we start in Lucia's POV

Its been some time since I ran from home, a while back I met a Martial Artist who traveled with me for a short time but we went our separate ways at the port in Bloomingdale, he's the one person in this world who treated me like I'm human and not some disgusting monster, my family won't be looking for me, they don't have a care for me, and I don't want to see them again, at least not alone.

Looking around I notice a lot of monsters on the path "I'm not going to survive battling those with my strength, I wish you were here my old friend" I say as I run and hide behind a bush waiting until the monsters pass by.

Timeskip to night

I stand up once the last monster was out of sight and head to the city I had spotted a while back, stretching as I walk into the city I notice an inn near the entrance and head straight there, adjusting my wand that I have attached to my back I push open the door and head straight up to one of the girls behind the counter and ask if they have any rooms free, which to my luck they do. As I head up to my room I notice two signs on the wall behind the counter 'I'll take a look at them tomorrow, I need to sleep' I think and yawn as I open my door and flop onto the bed, falling asleep soon after.

Timeskip to morning

I wake up to a loud commotion and head downstairs to see two girls come in, smiling but injured, they had obviously been outside pretty early or even all night. I rush over to them and get people to make some room for me "Here I'll heal you up" I say to them and cast Heal on both the girls, after finishing healing them I smile and start to walk off when a woman from behind the counter calls me over and asks "Are you by any chance a priestess?" I nod and ask "why?" The woman then calls out "Hey Chalinca come over here a minute, we may have found the next addition to your party" the shorter of the two girls comes over with a confused look on her face "This girl is a priestess" the woman says which causes the girl to smile and give a thumbs up to her friend before turning to me and saying "I'm Chalinca, its nice to meet you" I smile and bow "My names Lucia, its a pleasure" Chalinca calls the taller girl over who then introduces herself "I'm Misty, another member of this team, only from yesterday though" the two girls laugh and both say "Thanks for healing us!" I smile and shake it off "It was no problem" 'I feel like I can trust these two'

Back to Chalinca!

We finally have most of the team set, now just one to go.

I look over to Lucia as she stares out of the window 'it looks like she's thinking of something' I go to Misty and talk to her about it but she just brushes it off and says "Its normal to feel like that, seems like she's not had a great past, and have you noticed her speech? It seems like she could have been a noble, what ever caused her to leave that life is probably what's bugging her, let's leave her be about it until she wants to talk." I nod in understanding and head out "Lucia I'm heading out for a bit, I won't leave the city though so you have nothing to worry about, I'm gonna get some weapons and armour for us all!" I say just before heading out and up to the armoury, but before I get there I notice a notice board with what looks like a really important request. I go up to it and read the notice

...I'm currently looking for a group who would be willing to take on the Wight Knight...

Signed the King of Stornway

'Seems interesting' I think continuing to the armoury and grabbing some decent armour for the three of us, paying for it and heading to the weaponry and buying some weapons, granted it seems like Misty will keep hers until its too weak to use against a foe. As I head back I spot an item shop which I go into and stock up on medicines and magic water that will inevitably be needed. "Finally I can head back" I say to myself in relief and carry the bought items to the inn for the others to test out.

"Misty, Lucia I'm back! And I have stuff." I call out as I set the stuff down and nearly collapse against the wall. The other two run up to me and notice the amount of things I have which causes them to laugh "You're amazing in battle but get beaten by a few shopping bags?" Misty says in a joking way "you try carrying those... This is the reason we need a martial artist, to carry our things... And somehow I dont think they'll be a joke one day, but for now it is" I say with a laugh which the others join in with and help me carry the bags to the table, I present the two with their items and equip my own with a sigh of relief. "No more heavy bags to carry" I say as I sit down at the table and the others follow suit after equipping what they want.

Welp that was a short one, hopefully the next is longer XD you'll get to meet Conrad next if you hadn't already guessed, and I shall make my ship sail, if you didn't guess the Martial Artist that Lucia already knew before was actually Conrad, when she was against the window and thinking, she was thinking of him and wondering where he might be, little does she know that he's about to enter the sane city she's in XDD