Chapter 2: The Boy with Umbrella

The last lesson for today. Seol Hee really didn't have any idea what was the teacher trying to say there. She looked at the sky through the window. The sky was grey. Her mind was full with Ji Min's words. Was Ji Min really mean it? Although Ji Min was trying to apologize at her, Seol Hee just didn't want to accept his apologize. She wanted to forgive Ji Min, but she couldn't. What a weird.

Finally, the bell was ringing. Seol Hee tried to tidying up her stuff quickly. She didn't want to meet Ji Min on the way back home later, and she really made it.

"What a wicked boy. How can he treat me like that? He thinks getting a girlfriend is all? How can he said to me to looking for my own boyfriend? How rude!" Seol Hee muttered as her steps brought her home. At this time, even the cherry blossoms didn't comfort her at all. She just got angrier when a couple were walking together in front of her eyes with arms linked to each other.

"Well, I hope they will break up after a week." Seol Hee kicked a small branch on the ground with furious. She kept on talking to herself, but the rain poured suddenly.

She ran, looked for a shelter, but she didn't found it. Then she remembered about the playground in the end of this path. Without thinking much, she ran toward the playground.

"Ouch!" She was bumping into someone and fell to the ground.

"Sorry. I didn't see you." Seol Hee got up very quick and bowed to apologize. The rain poured heavier, Seol Hee turned around and continued to run to the playground. "Wait..."

There was a sliding in the playground. It had a sheltered place under it. "What a heavy downpour." She mumbled. Seol Hee tried to get rid all the rain drops on her uniform, but it was no use.

Later on, she was regret. She should have brought the umbrella with her this morning. Mom's words echoed in her ears.

'We don't know what will be happen, so I think you should have to bring the umbrella.'

It's true that we should trust the forecaster. But it isn't a sin if we being prepared for anything what can be happen in future.

Seol Hee looked at the sky above her. Seemed like the rain wouldn't stop in a while. Her house actually near already, but if she tried to run home, even though she could make it in a minute, she would be drenched, because of this heavy downpour.

"What should I do now?" asked herself. Then the lightning pounced over the sky. Seol Hee shut her eyes tightly and gave up on her knees. "Mommy!" shouted her automatically. Her hands on her ears. She hated lightning since child.

But she saw a shadow approached to her while she shut her eyes. "Hey." Someone approached her with an umbrella in the hand. Seol Hee opened her eyes slowly.

"What are you doing here?" asked that boy once again. It's not Ji Min nor her Dad, but he was a boy whom wore the same uniform as her. Seol Hee never saw him before.

"Prepare the umbrella before the rain. You can't just trust the forecaster's words easily."

^_^