Chapter Thirteen - Her story

Okay, here it goes..

"Remember when I told you that my family died? Mom and Christine unnie were murdered. Our own father shot them straight on the heart before he shot himself on the head." I broke down.

Shinwoo oppa hugged me, letting me cry on his chest.

"I'm sorry." He said quietly.

"What are you sorry for? I can remember that day vividly when he abused my mother for the very first time. We were only 9 at that time. He was always with his friends, drinking, banging girls half of his age and smoking pot. My mom doesn't want us to grow up with a father like that so she demanded a divorce. He got mad. He punched, slapped and slammed her head on the wall shouting profanities at her, saying that she is a no good wife, he only married her because of her money and threatened her- well, us. He said that he will kill us all if she tried calling the police." I paused, hiccuping.

"Mom thinks that her bastard of a husband will just stay calm if she didn't talk or ask him something, keeping us from his beatings. Every time he comes home, he wants us to treat him like a good father and the king of the house. My mom cooks delicious foods for him, massage his aching back, make love with him against her will or she will be beaten to a pulp. Few weeks after I turned 10, my father went home earlier than he usually does. He acted like a kind father. He gave me a bag filled with my favorite candies and asked me if I want more gifts. Being the kid I am, I agreed and followed him upstairs to their room, thinking that he has changed. Mom was picking up unnie from her cheer leading practice and I decided to stay at home and watch cartoons. When we reached the master's bedroom, he pushed me on their bed and ripped off my clothes. I was so shock, I couldn't even react or run out of the room. Thank heavens, mom and unnie came home at the same time, saving me from being raped by my own father." I continued telling the story.

"What?! That bastard.." He said, stopping abruptly. I smiled at him. I can feel his body trembling in so much anger.

"Thank you for listening, oppa. I don't like to burden anyone with my own issues but Cheondung oppa told me to talk to someone to ease some of the pain in my heart. It means a lot to me."

"Ssshh. Don't cry." He said softly.

"Mom came home with 2 policemen. Sneaky, right? Later, she explained to me that I turned out to be the bait. I didn't get mad at her for doing that to me since she's just hiding on our neighbor's garden and its for our own good so she called the police earlier that day. Mom heard my father talking to one of his friends that he'll do something to his children so she planned it ahead of time before it happens. Days after our dad was put into the jail, she decided to migrate in the Philippines. We moved into a 3 bedroom house in a small village. That is where I met Cheondung oppa." I whispered.

"I'll always be here for you." He murmured on my hair.

I didn't reply, instead, I enjoyed the warm and secured feeling with his arms draped around me.

**CNU's POV**

*Flash* *Flash*

I opened my eyes and spotted Sandeul holding his Polaroid camera.

"What are you doing? What time is it?" I asked, rubbing the sleepiness off my eyes.

"How did you two manage to sleep in that kind of position? It's rather uncomfortable if you ask me." He replied, shrugging.

Two? Wha-? I looked down and saw Crystal hugging my torso with her head on top of my chest, sleeping peacefully. We were sitting on the corner, hugging. Oomph. My back.

"And its already 7:30 in the morning. I don't know why Baro and Jinyoung hyung didn't wake you up." He said.

"Excuse me. Where are they?" I asked, carrying Crystal bridal style.