Abandoning London

"Never again! Never fucking again!" Ben shouted to himself as he angrily slammed his suitcases on his bed back in New York.

He had just gotten home after a long flight full of thoughts from his and his parents' fights the past week and a half. After the Christmas "incident" (as his mother calls it), he refused to speak or even look at Grace again. She ruined his entire trip.

Of course, his parents thought he was overreacting, but he snapped and yelled at them for even inviting her. He couldn't believe they would invite his ex-fiancé to Christmas dinner after what she did to him and why.

For the entire rest of his trip, they resented each other and hardly talked, except to say their short goodbyes when Ben had to leave. He drank the entire flight back to New York. Back home.

He hadn't told Cassie about the fight. As a matter of fact, he hasn't talked to her since he hung up on her that night. He felt awful for neglecting her, but wanted nothing more than to see her as soon as he got home.

It was still pretty early in the morning and he was exhausted and jet lagged, but he needed her.

After taking a solid deep breath, he took out his cell phone and dialed her number. He rested his hand on his eyes as it rang. "Hey," her voice said in a flat tone.

He already knows she's mad. He let out a strangled sigh and said, "I need you." The tone in his voice seemed to make something click with her because she suddenly sounded worried when she asked, "Are you okay?"

He shook his head and told her, "No." He could hear her shuffle around, then say, "I'll be there in ten." He nodded, then said, "I love you." She didn't miss a beat before saying, "I love you, too."

**

Cassie quickly rushed into the living room, where Rob and Hannah were taking down the Christmas tree. "Where are you heading in hurry?" Hannah asked.

As Cassie was putting on her shoes, she said, "I forgot that I'm meeting Caleb at the movies." She's gotten awfully good at lying. It just came naturally now.

"Oh," Hannah said, "well, have fun. Tell him I said hi." Cassie didn't pay any attention to her and just laced up her shoe, before grabbing her jacket and quickly heading out the door.

She ran out of her building and into the touristy streets of New York. This was the time of year were people come to see the snow and Christmas lights, but it just made everything so much more crowded.

She pushed her way through people as she tried to quickly run down the street. She made a few twists and turns, then finally ended up in Ben's quiet street, where she walked just a few more blocks to get to his building.

After rushing into the lobby and going up the stairs, she ended up in front of his door. She was panting from running over here, but was hesitating to knock.

He hung up on her that night. He never called her back, didn't answer her calls, didn't have any means of contact whatsoever after that.

She thought the worst and figured he got back together with his ex. The thought made her cry every single night.

Just before she could think about it again, his door swung open. There he was; white t-shirt, green pajama bottoms, his glasses low on his nose. Sexy as ever.

"Hi," she breathed. Ben didn't say anything, but he grabbed her hand and pulled her inside. He slammed the door shut, pushed her up against it, then leaned down and kissed her and he kissed her hard.

Cassie raked her fingers through his hair and moaned into his mouth. He moved his hands down her legs, then lifted her up until her legs were wrapped around him.