xii. Genesis and Revelation

Chapter SevenGenesis and Revelation

Chapter Seven
Genesis and Revelation

✧ ─ ✧ ─ ✧

A rush of electric-like energy surged through Captain America, Pietro and Wanda's bodies. A bubble of energy encircled the group and in a matter of seconds, they stood in front of the Avengers Tower. Zatanna rushed after Captain America, who ran into the building and pressed for an elevator. The twins followed after them, attempting to keep up.

Zatanna looked irritated at how slow the elevator was going once they were inside and said, "Ekam siht rotavele og retsaf."

The elevator immediately sped up with a jolt which caused everyone to lose their balance. Pietro stared at the dark-haired beauty, taking in her usual stoic expression. He was very curious about this woman. He was curious about where she had come from, what she liked, what she loved; he wanted to get to know her. It was almost instinct.

Zatanna could feel Pietro's eyes on her and did her best not to meet them. However, she couldn't deny the unfamiliar feeling that rose in her stomach as she looked straight at the elevator doors.

Eventually, the elevator arrived at the top floor and walked into Tony's lab to find him and Bruce working on the chrysalis from Dr. Cho's laboratory. Zatanna glared at them as she entered and glanced around the lab.

"We're gonna say this once," Steve announced from where he stood beside Zatanna and in front of the twins.

"How about "none-ce"?" Tony implied and turned to see him. He placed down the wrench in his hand and walked down the platform in his workshop.

"Shut it down," Zatanna demanded. The playboy, although one of her best friends, glared at her and responded with, "Nope, not gonna happen."

"You don't know what you're doing," Steve stated with a threatening expression. Bruce raised an eyebrow and turned away from his work, "And you do? She's not in your head?"

He pointed towards the group and followed his gaze. Zatanna gave him a look of disbelief at his accusation, while Wanda stepped out from behind them.

"I know you're angry—" Wanda attempted to say to the man.

"No, we're way past that," Bruce stated with narrow eyes. He removed his glasses and approached Wanda, "I could choke the life out of you and never change a shade."

"Bruce, after everything that's hap—" Zatanna attempted to say to him while Steve and Tony talked towards her and was interrupted by the voices of everyone. Their voices was raised as did their arguments. Zatanna stopped talking and with a huff turned to Pietro. She clenched her jaw and said, "Can you please do something to catch their attention."