xii. Until the End

Chapter TwelveUntil the End

Chapter Twelve
Until the End

✧ ─ ✧ ─ ✧

"Zatanna! Zatanna, wake up!" cried the voice of Natasha, early one Saturday morning. Zatanna awoke with a startle and lazily rubbed her eyes to see Natasha, Wanda, Laura, Pepper, Jane, and Maria standing around her beside. Her eyes widened when she realized the reason they were all here.

May 16th.

A huge smile spread into the sorceress' face. The women that stood around her couldn't help but smile as Zatanna sighed in relief and said, "Today's the day."

✦✦✦✦

Across the city, the snores of the Maximoff boy were all that Steve, Tony, Thor, Clint, Vision, Sam, Rhodey and Bucky heard once they entered his room. The group all grinned as they looked upon him sleeping and cringed when they realized how loud he could really snore. Each man gave each other a look that said they would be praying for Zatanna to get a good night's sleep for the rest of her life.

"Pietro!" They all screamed causing him to jump up and hold up the worst defensive stance they had ever seen. Pietro's eyes furrowed upon seeing the men around him before realizing what day it was.

May 16th.

The boys all smiled at him when a large grime appears in his face. With a dreamy look in his eyes, he said, "Today's the day."

─ ✧ ─

Zatanna was a mental mess. She had just finished doing her hair, with magic, and was now arguing over the phone with the florist on whether the floral design matched the ceremony's or not. After she decided to hang up the phone and conjure her own flowers, Zatanna walked towards Wanda, who had finished getting dressed.

The color of the bridesmaid's dresses were gold and it had fit all the girls wonderfully. Each looked beautiful in their own way. Wanda glanced at her dress and turned to Zatanna.

"How does it look?" Wanda asked her soon to be sister-in-law.

Zatanna smiled and grabbed a hold of her hand, "You look amazing."

Wanda blushed before she noticed Zatanna wasn't even dressed yet. She quickly rushed the sorceress into the hotel room to change, hoping they wouldn't be late.

As for the wedding ceremony, it was being held in Sodo Park, Seattle, Washington and it was beautiful. Zatanna was amazed when Pietro had shown her the venue on a weekend getaway a few months prior.