Paper Doll

By lunch I think it was safe to say that I was completely and utterly exhausted. No it wasn't until because in PE I was forced to run around the track three times (Though that was one major cause - running and Regan didn't mix), no I didn't work my brain too hard in class... senior year, at least the first three hours of it was exhausting. 

Luckily I had a kinda-sorta friend in each of my morning classes. With Adrianna in bio, her boyfriend Sam in calculus, Brenden in history (thank the lord), and Ade's spunky best friend Phoebe - who was the captain of the girls rugby team in my chemistry class. 

I met Brenden by our lockers as we grabbed our lunches and we began our way to the cafeteria together. Swinging his arm around my shoulders naturally as we walked, Brenden turned his head to face me. 

"So Ade told me about the senior year bonfire party this weekend." He began, almost tiptoeing around the word 'party'. 

It was no secret that I wasn't one to party hard on the weekends. I went to the small, casual ones usually without a fuss - which were typically the ones that Brenden and his teammates threw. Obviously I was an introvert, that part was surely no surprise. So naturally I tried to avoid the big parties that would make me have to actually talk to people. 

Socialize? No thank you. 

"Yeah she was telling me about it too." I nodded as we rounded a corner, entering the cafeteria and heading to our usual table. 

"Well? Did you want to go? It's fine if you don't. We can have a movie night instead, celebrate the start of senior year our own way." 

We reached our table and I plopped down opposite of Brenden comfortably, pulling out my sandwich from my bag with a shrug. 

"No I'll go, I'll be the designated driver too if you want to drink." 

At the sound of that Brenden perked up. 

"Really?" He asked. "It shouldn't be that big anyways, just the guys, Ade, Fi and whoever the teams girl of the week is. You really want to go?" 

"Yes Brenden." I laughed. "Stop looking all surprised and eat your sandwich." 

Brenden chuckled just as Sam, Ade, Phoebe and the rest of Brenden's teammates claimed their seats at our table. 

Sam Parker was arguably Brenden's closest friend besides myself and just like his girlfriend in terms of his ridiculously gorgeous appearance. 

Standing at a towering height of roughly 6'3, Sam shared the same athletic build as Brenden in terms of being tall, lean, but muscular all in one. The top of his head was covered in a stylishly messy ash blonde hairdo which made his bright chartreuse eyes pop even in the unfortunate lighting of the school. Dressed in a grey v neck and faded jeans his arm was wrapped around the waist of his girlfriend as he plopped down beside Brenden. 

"What are you two lovely people talking about on this fine day?" He asked stealing a chip from my lunch and popping it into his mouth. 

"Excuse you." I protested throwing a joking glare his way as he smirked. "Keep your paws off my food mister." 

In response, Sam sarcastically saluted me, earning a laugh from around the table as he added an "Aye, aye captain." for good measure before reaching to (successfully) snatch another one. 

"Anyways we were just talking about the new kid. Fi was telling us she saw him in the office during her free period." 

I glanced over at Ade's spunky best friend beside me to see her nodding her head in an exaggeratedly, enthusiastic nod.