50 Ways to Say Goodbye

School was as boring as ever in the middle of November, the only thing remotely interesting new relied in the fact that the annual Sadie Hawkins dance, the one that always fell right around Christmas was fast approaching. This year, Adrianna was the chairman of the committee which ultimately made it so we were on the committee. 

"So let me get this straight," Brenden spoke up during one of the before school meetings. "There's a difference between midnight blue and dark blue?" 

"Yes!" Ade shrieked pointing at the bulletin board with the colour themes rather aggressively with a french manicured finger. 

The theme was 'Snowy Night' (I know, real original) and Ade was currently obsessing over the colour pallet. The blue had to be midnight blue in a specific shade - which she had to point out multiple times was not just dark blue. And no we could not substitute the silver stars for the gold stars because that would just be ridiculous. 

I think it was safe to say that Ade was slowly losing her mind over this dance because we were just a few days behind schedule. Not even Sam or Phoebe were able to calm her down. After they both tried (and failed) to be her voice of reason, Ade nearly ripped their heads off. I'll admit it was weird to see her like this, only because she was always so calm, cool and collected. 

"Look Ade I'm sorry but I just don't see the difference." Brenden sighed. "They look the same." 

Ade's left eye twitched, a clear indication that she was on the verge of a full on mental breakdown as she let out a deadly slow, seething breath. You could practically see the cartoon steam pouring out of her ears. 

I nudged Brenden with my elbow and shook my head when he looked at me. "Don't awaken the beast Bren, I would like to make it to first period with you still alive and breathing you know." 

Brenden chuckled just as the shrill ten minute warning bell rang for the day. Ade let out a sigh, running a hand through her long black waves, preparing herself for her speech. 

"Guys, next to prom and graduation this is what I'm most excited for this year." She began, her tone noticably softening the more she talked. "If Sadie Hawkins goes well then I'll be asked to run prom. And you guys know that I've wanted to do that since ninth. Please guys just be serious about this - this is really important to me." 

And just like that Scary Ade was gone and back to normal. 

Sam stood up from his place beside Phoebe and pulled her into his side, pecking a kiss on her cheek. "Of course babe," He said. "Prom is yours. Right guys, we're going to get my girl her prom right? Prom is yours Ade - we promise." 

Ade grinned ear to ear and one by one we all filed out of the classroom behind the couple. Brenden, Ashton and I exited the classroom out as a trio en route to our history class. 

"So I heard from Mister Connelly's other class that we're getting a project." Brenden sighed as we walked. 

"God actually?" I groaned, running a hand through my annoyingly knotted curly hair. "Did they say what it's on?" 

Brenden shook his head. "No but it is in partners - and he picks them," He added in dismay. 

"I heard that too," Ashton nodded. "Cindy Moore - you know, the girl with the tramp stamp - " 

"And your latest lover," I giggled. 

Ashton rolled his eyes at me giving me a light shove with his shoulder, making me crash into Brenden. "Yeah, yeah whatever." He chuckled as Brenden had to help steady myself. "But anyways, she was complaining that she got paired with Sheldon Fitz and they have to research local history in town."