Chapter 1

"NATHAN!!!" I screamed for my twin brother as I ran inside the house.

"Calm down, what are you screaming about?" He asked, coming to the entryway, his basketball bag slung over his shoulder.

"Why the hell is there a dent in my car?" I demanded angrily.

He reached up to scratch the back of his head. "Well, I sort of accidentally backed into it."

I glared at my brother wordlessly. Nathan has brown hair like our dad, while I have our mother's blonde hair. However, I have our dad's blue eyes while Nathan has our mom's brown eyes. I often tease him that I got the good traits. "Nathan, you had better pay to get that fixed," I demand firmly.

"Don't worry little sis. I'll give you the money tomorrow and you can bring it down to the shop."

The local mechanic is Nathan and mines uncle Keith. We don't really talk to him much, but if I want the dent out of my car, I don't really have a choice other than to bring it to him. I roll my eyes at my brother, "Nate, you're older than me by like, one hour."

"Still older," he teases, clucking his tongue. Since we're leaving at the same time as each other, I decide to just ride with him, and we get into his car. We are headed to the school basketball game- Nathan to play and me to cheer. Basketball is the pride and joy of Tree Hill, North Carolina, and Nathan is most definitely the star. Our father, Dan,  played basketball when he was in high school, and my brother follows in his footsteps. Not that Dan gave him much of a choice. 

"After the game, are you coming on the bus?" Nathan asked me as he backed out of our long driveway.

He was referring to the plan that a bunch of the team members had for after the game. They were all going to steal a school bus and take it for a joy ride around town.

"I'm not sure yet. I might, because I think Cam is," I respond, earning an eye roll from my twin. Cam is my boyfriend, and on the basketball team, but Nathan absolutely hates him. "What was the eye roll for?"

Nathan shakes his head as he turns left. "Seriously Taylor, why do you stay with him? He's a jerk."

"Are we really having this conversation again? He's great, and it's none of your business." I know that what I'm saying isn't true, but I'm not going to admit that to my brother. Cam is definitely not boyfriend of the year, and I know he treats me awful. I don't love him, we just have fun together. 

"Oh, like it wasn't my business when you called me, crying, to pick you up from a party in middle of the night last week after you caught him cheating on you? He treats you like shit and you know it, you're just too scared to be alone," Nathan yells at me angrily.

I turn in my seat to face him as he pulls into the school parking lot, in front of the gym. "You know what Nathan, he doesn't treat me any worse than you treat Peyton," I yell back, referring to one of my two best friends who is dating my brother. "If you're gonna go around accusing people of being bad boyfriends, you might want to take a look in the mirror." Nathan looks taken aback at my accusation, but it's true. He cheats on Peyton all the time, and talks down to her. She knows it, but for some reason she stays with him. I don't normally get involved in their relationship, because I love both of them, but tonight is a special circumstance. I swiftly step out of the car and turn to face him. "Don't bother waiting for me, I'll find my own ride home. I don't want to look at you." With that, I slam the door shut and storm inside.

I'm still angry with him later that night when there's just a few minutes left in the game, the Tree Hill Ravens winning. The ball is mistakenly thrown to the sidelines where the cheerleaders are, and Nathan picks it up. Peyton says something in his ear that makes him grin. He catches my eye, and I glare at him before he gets back on the court. Peyton and our other best friend, Brooke Davis, seem to notice the coldness between us Scott twins.