9: Believe

This may be a bit longer than the last few, but it's worth it.

Once Blizzard landed in front of my abandoned ice palace, I couldn't help but stare up at it and realize how unusually quiet it was. Even the wind had stopped as if time itself had frozen. I dismounted my dragon and he settled down into the snow, curling his feet beneath him in a sitting position.

I ran up the stairs to my palace and rushed through the front doorway. "Jack?" I asked loudly for my voice to echo through the icy walls. There was a small chance of him being there. He could be out looking for me, or with his...friends. The Guardians? I think that's what he called them whenever he spoke of them. Either way, it's best to at least check the palace to be sure of his presence.

I went up two flights of stairs to the room where I last saw him - the room before the balcony where I had earlier blacked out. I paused in the doorway to find that my chandelier was completely shattered in big and small pieces on the floor. It took me a minute to notice the body lying underneath the chunks of ice.

"Jack?!" I panicked before running towards him and dropping to my knees. I quickly brushed away the broken pieces of ice from his body and scattered them across the floor. Tears stung my eyes and blurred my vision as I lifted his limp figure to hold in my lap. He seemed lifeless, warm...not breathing.

That was that. Jack Frost was dead.

"No...!" I screamed out. "No, Jack, you can't leave me! You can't leave me like this! You can't die!" I shrieked at the top of my lungs. Tears began rolling down my cheeks like a waterfall and I started sobbing uncontrollably. I buried my face in his chest, not knowing what to do or where to go. "You can't die..." I whispered. "You're immortal..."

I was right. There had to be some way of bringing him back because of his immortality. But who was I kidding? I had no idea how to do such a thing. I only continued to sob in his chest as if it would somehow help. My cries echoed deeply through the palace walls smoothly and almost beautifully. That gave me the idea to start singing our song. I mumbled it slowly and softly like a lullaby, and let it ring through the room.

"Let it go...let it go...can't hold it back anymore. Let it go...let it go...turn away and slam the door. I don't care what they're going to say. Let the storm rage on...the cold never bothered me anyway..."

I took a breath and relaxed, my mood and sobs calming down. I pictured what I would do in the future. Probably singing the same lullaby to my son or daughter and telling him or her stories about their father. About our adventures together and who he was.

That's when I finally closed my eyes and whispered, "I love you. And I definitely believe in you, Jack Frost." I kept my eyes closed and focused on my breathing.

"That's all I needed to hear," said a voice. My eyes shot open and landed on Jack, who was staring at me with his ocean blue eyes and was smiling softly.

"J-Jack?" I asked. He smiled wider. I slowly brushed my hand across his cool cheek to make sure I wasn't seeing a ghost. Cold skin. He was alive. "You're alive?"

"I'm alive."

I clung onto him tightly and kissed him for the first time in days. I mentally vowed to never stop believing, something that Jack had taught me many years ago. We all have powers that we don't know about. We just have to believe.

* * *

When we returned to Arendelle on Blizzard, all of the townspeople were there waiting for us. Jack and I dismounted the dragon, and we let him fly off into the sky. We stood in the middle of the crowd that was staring completely at Jack. They could see him. Yes! Perfect!

I immediately introduced him for the first time to the kingdom since it was my best chance. I could see Anna and Kristoff standing together close by as I spoke loudly. I explained the exact same things that I told Anna earlier. Of course, peoples' reactions ranged from shock to understanding. It embarrassed me slightly, though, I definitely wasn't fully prepared for giving speeches as queen.

When I finished the long spew of my life story, Jack took a step forward and grabbed my hand.

"There is one part of the story that you missed, Elsa," he said to me.

"What do you mean? I explained everything," I claimed.

"Yeah, well..." He reached in his pocket and pulled out something shiny and silver. Is he...? He held both my hands close to himself. "Elsa, will you marry me?"

My eyes widened. I cupped my right hand over my mouth before I nodded and looked at the sparkly ring he held with his fingers. He slid the ring on my left ring finger before I pulled him close in my embrace. Everyone clapped and cheered in the background as I noticed something. The ring was cold.

"Jack?" I asked in his ear.

"Yeah?" He replied.

"Is this ring made of ice?"

"...Maybe..."

I rolled my eyes. "God I love you," I said with a chuckle.

"I love you too."