11: The Wedding

I don't own the FABULOUS pic above!

Months passed. The year ended quickly and so the new year began. Jack and I were going to marry in December before the new year, but we didn't have it all planned out thoroughly. So, we planned to marry the next December. 

It was eighteen-forty. I was growing more used to being the queen, and I had made close friends with the Guardians. On March thirteenth, Anna had turned nineteen. That day, even though I had a fever, everyone came to celebrate Anna's birthday, and we all threw her a huge - yet short - party. My birthday wasn't until July twenty-first when I turned twenty-two. Obviously, everyone celebrated that. The whole kingdom gave me a surprise party. But December thirty-first was the greatest day of my life.

I stood in front of a tall mirror in my room as Anna fixed my dress. It was a white mermaid-style gown made of ice and snow. It shimmered and dazzled everywhere, especially at the bottom where dozens of blue ice crystals sparkled as I moved. While I stared at my reflection, I quickly flicked my wrist and made myself a small silver tiara in my palm. Then I rotated my hand over it, giving it a long white veil that reached the floor. I placed the tiara and veil in my blonde hair that was twisted back in a bun. Anna immediately noticed and fixed it all in the perfect place, before tossing the short piece of the veil over my face and leaving the long part to drag behind me. She took a step back and cupped her hands over her mouth.

"Oh, Elsa," she whispered in loss of words. I smiled at my reflection before turning towards her. I folded my hands together in front of me and looked down to hide my blushing. Anna walked back over and placed a hand on my shoulder. We faced the mirror again and stared at our dresses.

Anna had on a slim black floor-length dress with a single silver snowflake design out of rhinestones on the left side of her waist. Across her back and draped around her arms, she held a bulky scarf of thick furs. Her bright red hair was braided back into a bun with a black ribbon.

Since it was December, Jack and I decided on a winter-themed wedding. We advised everyone to dress in darker colors and wear furs to keep warm. Of course, he and I had ice as our attire.

"You look beautiful," I said to Anna.

"Thank you! But you obviously look beautifuller - I mean - not fuller, you don't look fuller, just m-more beautiful," she stuttered. Typical Anna.

"Thank you," a replied with a chuckle. "So, this is it."

"This is it," she said quieter.

"Anna, what if this doesn't work?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, Jack is immortal. And I'm not."

"So?"

"So, am I just gonna grow old and die without him?"

She rolled her eyes at me. "Well, I don't know! Maybe there's a catch to marrying an immortal! Maybe you'll become immortal!"

"Then you'll end up leaving me!"

"Elsa!" She raised her voice, causing me to jump. "Don't worry about me! Just...try to have a good time today. Okay?"

I closed my eyes and took a breath. "Okay." We stared at each other in the mirror. "I wish Mom and Dad were here."

She nodded with empathy. "Me too." We stood in silence for a moment before she jumped up excitedly. "Well? Come on! Let's go get you married!"

My stomach flip-flopped with excitement as Anna handed me my bouquet of elsa spath. She linked elbows with me and walked me out of my room, down the hall, and out the gates where everyone awaited patiently. Music played and everyone stood up from their seats and turned to face me. I looked ahead to seek Jack, who was wearing a white and blue suit. I doubt he was comfortable in it, since the last time I tried to shove him in a suit, he nearly ripped it off.

As Anna walked me down the sky blue carpet that was rolled down over the concrete, people I passed bowed down to me. I caught a glimpse of my cousin, Rapunzel, who is the same age as I am and is the princess of the kingdom of Corona. We recently started to write letters to each other in our spare time to check on how one another is doing. She belongs to my mother's side of the family, since her mother is my mom's sister. As I passed Rapunzel, we smiled at each other before she bowed down to me.

When I finally reached Jack at the end of the aisle, I handed my bouquet to Anna, who moved over to stand beside me. I looked back at the two long columns crowded with people. I vaguely spotted the Guardians in the middle of several kids, who couldn't keep their eyes off of them. They all waved to me as a few kids clung onto their arms. I smiled to them and faced Jack. He took both of my hands in his and let the priest beside us speak.

* * *

"...And I promise that I will always love you, no matter how old you grow," Jack said, his final vow echoing through my mind. I had already said my vows, though, they were simple and not as complex and heart-warming as Jack's vows were. I blushed and bit my lip shyly as he slid a silver wedding ring on my finger against my engagement ring.

"I now pronounce you, husband and wife. You may kiss the bride," said the priest. Jack flipped my veil from over my face and leaned close. Although, I kissed him before he could, and I popped my foot up behind me. I couldn't help it. The excitement and desire were both killing me. Jack just rolled with it and kissed back while the crowd was cheering for us.

When we pulled away, we stared excitedly. I wasn't sure what to do next. That is until Jack said, "So...am I supposed to have a coronation now?"

Ah. Almost forgot about that.