15: Don't Panic

*Nine Months Later*

Anna, Jack, and I strolled through the kingdom's garden, admiring the beautiful flowers under the late summer sun. We walked slowly for me to keep up with them since it was absolutely tiring for me to walk too fast or too far. I was due in just a couple of short weeks, and we had everything prepared for the baby except for a name.

"What about Elizabeth? Or even Jacklyn or Julianna?" I asked. "And if it's a boy, how about...Ethan? Or Jacob?"

"Those are nice," Jack replied. "I was thinking of something along the lines of Jordan or Justin. And for a girl, Crystal."

"Crystal? That's pretty, but I kinda wanted it to start with one of our initials," I claimed. He rolled his eyes. "Alright! I'll think about it," I said. 

Nothing has been very easy lately. Stress has been building up on me upon the anxiety and also the fear. Since I was clearly carrying several more pounds, I've been weaker. Even my powers were barely strong enough to do much, making me more vulnerable. Luckily, I had Jack's protection. There hasn't been any sign of Pitch, although, we still kept a peeled eye out.

While passing by a large bed of roses, I breathed in deeply and let the sweet scent fill my lungs. I closed my eyes and relaxed, smoothing my hands over my loose white dress that stopped above my knees. When I opened my eyes, Anna and Jack were behind me, looking at other flowers. I began to walk forward when a shadow suddenly zipped by and crossed my path. I gasped and jolted to stand frozen in place.

"Whoa," I blurted while pausing in my tracks. Anna and Jack hurried over to me.

"Elsa? Are you okay?" Anna asked. I stared in front of me, focusing on what I had just seen. That's when I felt something...warm...a liquid...trickling between my thighs before eventually making a loud splat on the ground. "Elsa?" Anna asked again, this time more slowly and sternly. "Was that...what I think it was?"

I nodded slowly. "Yeah," I whispered. I looked at her, then at Jack, until a sharp pain suddenly shot through me. My legs gave out beneath me, and Jack and Anna took my arms and wrapped them around their shoulders before I had the chance to drop entirely to my knees on the concrete. "Oh, nononononono..." I started freaking out under my breath as the pressure settled down within me. "This can't be happening, not now...it's too early, I'm only thirty-six weeks!"

"Well, Elsa, sometimes babies come when they wanna come, and I'm afraid it's not always at full term," Anna eased as a reminder to me. She and Jack were at both of my sides, leading me back into the security of the castle.

We rushed inside and sped past several rooms and maids. Most of what we passed ended up being a blur to me since I mainly focused on what lied ahead.

We finally slowed down and entered a small room with a few white cots and a small group of nurses. It was the castle's medical bay, although, it seemed smaller than I remembered. But that was probably because I was five years old the last time I was inside. I had twisted my ankle while ice skating that day, and I had to wear a thin brace on it. Though, those were faded memories.

Anna and Jack both led me onto one of the small beds, where I sat down and attempted to ignore the contractions. The nurses quickly came over to us. 

"Your majesty, are you alright?" One of them asked. I didn't answer them, too focused on the rising twisting pain in my abdomen, so Anna did. 

"Yeah, she just - well - her water just broke and I'm pretty sure she's contracting now, so...you know," she tried explaining. Typical Anna. At least she gave out most of the important information during conversations like this. All I wanted was to get this over with quickly.

* * *

I was taken care of, relaxed, and ready for anything. I had to simply lay there for hours, waiting for a nurse to come check on me. I spent most of the time binge eating cucumber slices with chocolate dip. Just another one of my strange cravings. 

Jack, Anna, Kristoff, and even Olaf came to visit me. I still had a hard time thinking of names with them. Though, Jack seemed to be in love with the name, Crystal. I still wasn't exactly sure about it. Especially if it turned out to be a boy.

I still had plenty of time before things were going to start getting more intense and harder to withstand, in the middle of my relaxing, I had closed my eyes for a minute to try to get some rest. Before I was about to doze off, I heard a soft sound...an almost...whispering. I opened my eyes and looked around. There was nothing to see, that is until a shadow on the wall twitched in its place, causing me to jump. 

I stared at it for a moment, and before I wanted to conclude with calling Jack back over into the room, I held my hand up towards it in hopes that my powers were strong enough to shoot at it. That's when something flicked the side of my head. I quickly placed my hand on the spot where I felt it, and moved my hand in front of my face to see that it was covered in black sand. My vision darkened and I leaned back on the mattress, being knocked out completely.