Chapter 23: You Get What You Give

(A/N: Sorry it's been so long:( I've been kind of tired of writing lately. Mainly because of my five page research paper based on Alcatraz Island is due Monday:p Wish me luck.)

Britt's POV:

I groggily roll over and hit my alarm when the forsaken noise abuses my ears.

"Jen, get up." I groan and look towards her bed, but see that she's already up and out of the room.
I let out a sigh and glare at the red numbers on the clock displaying the time: 6:30AM.

"Screw you, whoever invented that demonic contraption." I grumble as I loop a belt through my black boot cut jeans. I grab my combat boots and tie them tightly to my feet.

After pulling on a gray shirt with the word "Shield" displayed on the back, I grab my walkie-talkie and pistol off of the nightstand and open my door. Mom said I need to carry them on my belt for emergencies.

Just as I take a step outside the door I'm shoved backwards when something firm but flexible hits me in the face. I stumble back and regain my balance.

Laughter erupts in the hallway and I glare at the now crinkled plastic wrap that is taped to my door frame.

I rip it down and step into the hallways to see Collin, Dylan, Jenny, and Talon.

"Wow, guys. Real original. Where did you even get this?" I ask as I shake the sticky plastic from my hands and onto the floor.

"Got it out of the kitchen." Collin chuckles. I walk towards him, only to slip and fall. My hands go into something greasy and thick; cooking oil.

"Got that from the kitchen too!" Dylan dies with laughter. Talon chuckles and I glare, "What? Were you in on this?"

"Nope, I'm just a bystander." He puts his hands up in defense.

"Uh, guys, bad idea," Ashton says as he comes out of his dorm room, "Last time I pranked her, I ended up bald. And on top of that, I ended up waking up on a raft in the middle of the lake we used to have on our property."

"Yeah, I had to have some help with that one. I got grounded for two months, too." I smile at the memory as I carefully  stand up, wiping my hands on my pants. The punishment was totally worth it.

"Collin, Dylan, Jenny. Noted." I smile and go back to my room to change, considering my pants are covered in grease. Great, now I need a shower too.

After I'm done I head to the cafeteria; that's where everyone else should be. On my way I stop by the mechanics shop. This is where they fix all of our equipment, so I know they're bound to have a screwdriver.

"Hey, can I barrow this?" I ask one of the guys, holding up the screwdriver, "I'll bring it back around lunch time."

"Yeah, sure." He shrugs, so I continue on my way. I slip it in my boot and walk, rather uncomfortably, into the cafeteria. After getting a tray I pull out a chair to the table, next to Collin, and sit down. He scoots his chair away and stares cautiously.

Talon chuckles from across the table and sticks and orange slice in his mouth.

"I would get a tray before the good stuff is gone." I warn the boys, who are the only ones who haven't eaten yet, and pop a strawberry slice into my mouth.

"Yeah, good idea. Plus it gets me away from you." Dylan cautiously gets up and heads off with his brother. I guess Ashton's advice scared them.

When they're out of view and crowded around the breakfast line, I wipe my hands on my jeans and pull the screwdriver from my boot.